Recent Posts

PinkFlamingoes
on 9/19/10 4:42 am - Buckley, WA
Topic: RE: Finally APPROVED for Surgery
Yay for you !!! I'm happy for you , Debbie 

Awterpop
on 9/19/10 3:09 am
Topic: RE: 6 Weeks and WOW
Congratulations to you both......you both are doing awesome 
Cindy       
KarrieMassotti
on 9/18/10 12:00 am - Kent, WA
Topic: Walk from Obesity Today
Today is the first Washington State Walk from Obesity.    It will be in Federal Way at Saghalie Middle School. 33914 19th Avenue SW, Federal Way, WA 98023

You can register in person at 8:30 AM today.  Come show your support and help raise awareness.

Funds generated from the event support the ASMBS Foundation and its research and professional education initiatives, and the patient and general public educational and advocacy programs of the Obesity Action Coalition (OAC).

National page: http://www.walkfromobesity.com/

Federal Way page: http://walkfromobesity.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=432526&lis=1&kntae432526=B157834EF8B64E3BA3B9DE9FEE557D76

There is also a walk next weekend in Bellevue: http://walkfromobesity.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=433868

Dickson
on 9/17/10 11:31 pm - Port Orchard, WA
VSG on 07/30/10 with
Topic: 6 Weeks and WOW
Kathy and I are 6 weeks out from surgery.  We saw our Dr. this week and he is very happy with our progress.  We both are doing great.  I'm down 60 lbs from day of surgery 68 total and Kathy is down 34 from day of surgery.  We have found that food is really not an issue, both what we eat and the old cravings.  Now that we are back to work and "life" is going on we are finding that we have to remember to eat and drink, which is weird.  I work with a bunch of engineers and one is just blown away by my weight loss.  She keeps trying to do the math and it won't work to see how I'm losing this amount of weight and still standing. lol.  We are really low on closet clothes due to going down in sizes so much.  I started at a size 46 pants and I'm just about ready to go into 38's.  I have probably about 2 more weeks then these pants will be too baggy.  What a problem lol.

Life is so much easier with the weight off.  Tying my shoes, sitting at a booth when out to eat, walking up stairs.  So much better in so many ways!  Kathy was sitting on my desk cross legged the other day, when we realized that she was doing it we both just had to laugh.  We are loving it! 

Hope all is going well for you as well!

ColbyKing
on 9/17/10 7:43 am - Seattle, WA
Topic: RE: HELP...Choosing a UW Bariatric Surgeon
 I used Dr Cheblis at Northwest Hospital and he was fantastic.  Which procedure are you having?  I can only recommend him for RNY but I feel he is the best in Seattle and consistently ranked as one of the best surgeons in the area.
Debbie D.
on 9/17/10 3:59 am - Chelan, WA
Topic: HELP...Choosing a UW Bariatric Surgeon
I have now been approve for surgery and STILL don't know which doctor I want.  I am leaning more between Dr. Dellinger and Dr. Flum at the Bariatric Center at the University of Washington.  I would like to hear what your opions are about the doctors there.  I have met Dr. Flum but still unsure if he is the one.  I need to call and make a choice.

Thank you!!
Debbie D.
on 9/17/10 3:42 am - Chelan, WA
Topic: Finally APPROVED for Surgery
DSHS has finally approved me to move onto stage three...WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY!

YESSS!!!

Some of you may remeber my long story.  I have it posted on here.  NEVER GIVE UP!
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 9/17/10 12:01 am - WA
Topic: RE: Endoscope with Dr. OH
It sounds like you need to talk to Dr Oh. if I were you I would call his office and ask to talk to him. I'll bet you will feel better after talking to him.

Merrilou
Tricia W.
on 9/16/10 12:11 pm - Yakima, WA
Thank you Merrilou...I called and explained my concern to the gal that answered the phone and she told me everyone has a biopsy.  I am not sure if she knows what she is talking about, but she said Dr. Oh checks the tissues.  That doesn't sound right to me. 
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 9/16/10 8:43 am - WA
You should call Dr Oh and ask about the biopsy.  Don't worry until you talk to him!

Merrilou
Most Active