Recent Posts

4catz
on 10/1/10 9:24 am
Topic: RE: HELP...Choosing a UW Bariatric Surgeon

Hello,  Congratulations on your approval.  I was very happy with the care at the U, especially post op on the unit.  I am not familiar with either of the 2 drs. you mentioned.  I did have Dr. Andrew Wright do my surgery and I was very happy with him.  I have had no post op issues and am feeling really good and energetic.  Sorry I can't help you to choose one of the two.

Surgery Weight: 275
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 10/1/10 4:20 am - WA
Topic: RE: Depression and slow weight loss!
Stephanie it sounds like you need to go to a Support Group meeting Roberta Christian Hosts a meeting at the Auburn Hospital the 3rd Thursday of each month. Call her 206-353-8146. It is a very nice group! Hang in things will get better!

Merrilou
Stephanie T.
on 9/30/10 2:06 pm - Seattle, WA
Topic: Depression and slow weight loss!
I had surgery on June 2 2010, i know i shouldn't be complaining, but I AM! I am having a very hard time with depression, and not being happy with my life, my self, and my family! I have just been going through the motions everyday, just enough to get by! Why is this so hard for me, anyone else out there having issues? Anyone in South Seattle, Burien, Seatac? The weight loss has been great I am at 78lbs down and i believe i have hit a stall and don't know what to do! Motivation has been hard to come by, I have been trying to sell myself on the new me, but with the horrible depression i haven't been able to make it over the hump yet! Please help, and advise or words or wisdom would be greatly accepted! Thank you for your time!

Depression hits, Stephanie

Hislady
on 9/30/10 4:19 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: I've been "STUCK" twice now... Can I ever get this right?

Sounds like you know what the problem is now you just have to be super aware of how you eat. It's best to take tiny bites the size of a pencil eraser, chew at least 25 times and make sure one bite is down before taking another. It takes awhile to relearn how to eat. I'd also suggest a smaller fill or no fill until you get the new eating habits down pat. This is one of the hardest things to learn when we are used to shoveling in our food as fast as we can, just be patient. Come on over to the lapband forum and learn lots more about band life.

Gettinskinny2010
on 9/29/10 12:57 pm - WA
Topic: I've been "STUCK" twice now... Can I ever get this right?
I had my surgery on July 14,2010.  I have only been filled to a 3.0cc...Ii got two fills so far. both times I have gotten stuck in the second week after my fills... I had to go to the ER both times! And get a "unfill"... I am currently unfilled... I am geting my band filled again tomorrow and I am worried! What I still seem to do is eat too fast or make the wrong choices... I am feeling discouraged, yet I have managed to loose weight. I feel unsure about my band now... And there is NO turning back I KNOW! I want this so bad .....I have to get it right someday! Anyone else having this issue? Or am I just a looser? lol  Thanks for your help! 

Gettinskinny2010
on 9/29/10 12:30 pm - WA
Topic: RE: Endoscope with Dr. OH
i had mine surgery with Dr. Oh July 15,2010. He does do that to everyone... Like vitalady said "normal".. No worries

Cindy K.
on 9/27/10 5:40 am - Seattle, WA
Topic: RE: New with a question
I would recommend going to a local support group in your area and ask them.  I attend a support group in Federal Way at Virginia Mason and this type of information is frequently shared for those who come and are in the pre-op or just thinking about it stage.  At my gastric bypass support group we have 3 or 4 people who have the sleeve surgery (there will soon be a support group just for them).  They all used Dr Hunter at Virginia Mason Federal Way but that is much too far from LaCenter.
cindy
Proximal Gastric ByPass 9-10-2010
Cindy K.
on 9/27/10 5:27 am - Seattle, WA
Topic: RE: DS Support Group meeting....Tukwila
Dumb question what does DS stand for?
Forevrtaja
on 9/26/10 11:31 am
Topic: RE: Panni at Madigan
LOL if I had the answer to that, I am sure I'd be a rich woman.

I am not saying good-bye to food, but just setting new boundaries in our relationship 

HW/SW/CW/GW
404/387/212/199
Fleur de Lis TT with Hernia repair 8/20/2010.  13 lbs of skin removed!
vitalady
on 9/26/10 10:50 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Topic: RE: Endoscope with Dr. OH
Yes, he biopsies everyone. He's already in there, it's paid for, and then any potential issues are ruled out before surgery. Or fixed. Nice service he provides since he's caught many Bad Things that were just getting started and nipped them in the bud. Things that might have gone undiagnosed for years until they were too late.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Most Active