Recent Posts

jennay
on 10/5/10 3:17 pm
Topic: Marysville Support Group Meeting 10/7 ALL WELCOME!
Monthly Support Group for patients interested in a positive, safe environment to discuss issues, ask questions, share stories, and celebrate victories with weight loss surgery (all types welcome).  Whether you are a current patient, are scheduled for surgery, or are just gathering information about weight-loss surgery then this is the place for you!

Important Details:

First Thursday of each month (October 7 is our next meeting)
6:30-8 pm
Grandview Village*
5800 64th ST NE (near the Marysville YMCA)
Marysville WA 98270

*when you enter the lobby the staff will direct you to the meeting room

...feel free to message me if you have any questions, I hope to see some new faces this month!

Mark G.
on 10/5/10 8:05 am
Topic: RE: Where are you in Washington? Care to share a few details about yourself?
I'm Mark 35 M and I haven't gotten a date yet.  Still jumping through hoops with Doc Srikanth and Aetna.  I'm hoping to have my DS done in December.  I live in Enumclaw with my girlfriend, Angela and our turtle Mr. T.
Please visit my DS blog! HW:427/SW:381/GW:215

Billie Jo C.
on 10/4/10 2:32 pm - Spokane, WA
Topic: RE: Finally APPROVED for Surgery
Congratulations Debbie!!!!

I bow to your determination to stand and fight DSHS...YOU GO GIRL!!!

I've also been battling DSHS and, good lord, thank you Ba-Jesus, its over!!! (Well almost, they are sneaky you never know what they will do) 
unfortunately your 1.... just.... 1 step ahead of me!!! you lucky Dog! CHEERS!

I'm 2 months in with the diet and exercise and waiting on the letter that allows me to go see the surgeon.

Its nice to see you made it through that process. You are soooo right.... NEVER GIVE UP!!!

I'm excited for you. You made it! ~hugs~

Take care
-Billie Jo
Billie Jo C.
on 10/4/10 2:21 pm - Spokane, WA
Topic: RE: HELP...Choosing a UW Bariatric Surgeon
Wow Debbie I think we're neck in neck for the race to get surgery. Woot! I'm just waiting on my insurance to receive my approval from the review judge. (Someone was slacking in that department. Long story)

I am also checking into both of the Doctors you listed. I noticed Dr Flum has written quit a few articles on the effects of obesity and WLS. He seems to be an expert in that field from what I have read. You can find the articles on Uof W with his profile. I'll keep my ears and eyes open for anyone who has seen him firsthand.

Good luck and keep me posted on what you find out?

Take care
-Billie Jo
bikerchickk
on 10/3/10 5:36 am - Sequim, WA
Topic: RE: Seattle Area get together?
I cannot come. I have about 6 people off the VSG board coming so far. We are meeting in North Seattle. Maybe next time?
Summer

Height 5'6"  HW 263 SW 239 LW 142 From size 20/22 to size 5/6   

At 4 years out I crept back up to 180 now working my way back down. CW 173 size 10

Dapme
on 10/3/10 2:54 am - kingwood, TX
Topic: RE: Seattle Area get together?
I would be game, but next Saturday is our monthly DS meeting in Tukwila.

If you would like to attend that one....your more than welcome.

Every 2nd Saturday of the month.

Sizzler in Tukwila (southcenter)

3pm...back room!

Denise
bikerchickk
on 10/3/10 1:50 am - Sequim, WA
Topic: Seattle Area get together?
Ok fellow wls survivors,
 I wanna meet you! So I am hoping to plan a get together of all who can attend next saturday! The venue is yet to be decided. I have thought maybe Seattle, but if there will be some coming from the North end maybe Lynnwood? So give me your input. I would like to get a firm venue and time set up by tuesday so as many as possible can attend. If you cannot attend on that date, then maybe we can plan another one. Or I can meet you individually. Have bike will travel!

Answer what venue and time would be best.
 Any ideas for this get together
 I will have a drawing and a prize for one lucky person!

Height 5'6"  HW 263 SW 239 LW 142 From size 20/22 to size 5/6   

At 4 years out I crept back up to 180 now working my way back down. CW 173 size 10

Tricia W.
on 10/2/10 11:00 am - Yakima, WA
Topic: RE: madigan/ft. lewis support group
Do you know who I could contact at Madigan to ask questions about surgery and if they perform surgery to Tricare patients who aren't assigned to Fort Lewis/Madigan?  I have a civilian PCP and I keep getting bounced back and forth with the person I talk to at Madigan and Tricare.  Thank you for any help. 
Tricia W.
on 10/2/10 10:16 am - Yakima, WA
Topic: RE: Endoscope with Dr. OH
Thank you for all the help. Everything was fine, but I wish he would tell people this so they don't worry like I did
Hislady
on 10/1/10 1:10 pm - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: Depression and slow weight loss!
When you lose weight especially a large amount of it your hormones can go wacky and bring on depression. You may even need to use meds for awhile till it settles down. The stall is pretty expected from what I've read on the VSG board. Going to a support group would help too. So try seeing your PCP or bariatrics surgeon about your depression  and see if they can help you out with that. You really don't have to suffer with it, Best of luck, you're doing great!!!
Most Active