Recent Posts

thisbe777
on 10/12/10 4:12 am
Topic: RE: Seattle Area get together?
too bad nobody showed up but me....    it was fun!

does that mean i get the prize by default?? 

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

jcbabcock
on 10/10/10 1:39 pm - Bellevue, WA
Topic: RE: Moving from DFW to Redmond need new doc
Carrie, I am going to Dr. Thein Ngyuen in Bellevue. I really like him. I have also met Dr Lauder in Bellevue and he is highly thought of in the support group that I attend.
Best wishes
EricW
on 10/10/10 12:15 pm - Kettle Falls, WA
Topic: Need some help getting labs a little better - Spokane Endo, anyone???
I knew I was slipping a little and loving my new life more than I was loving the work to maintain it.

My labs this last time has a few "L" markers on it where I am at the low end of the range.  I need to find an endo in
Spokane or even a DS savvy nutrition doc to oversee my program.  Any recommendations?  Thanks in advance.  EW
(deactivated member)
on 10/9/10 1:59 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
Topic: RE: Support Group Meeting??
Thanks, Michelle--I sent you a PM with an email address.
bikerchickk
on 10/9/10 12:27 am - Sequim, WA
Topic: Come meet us today!
Today is the day, I finally get to meet some of you. I have been looking forward to it all week. I am going to take pictures for all here who are too far away to come. If you are in Washington and haven't heard yet, We are meeting from 1 to 3 pm at the Tukwila (Seattle) Applebee's the link is below. I am going to feel really stupid if I am the only one there! If you cannot click on the link, cut and paste it to your browser.

http://www.bing.com/local/details.aspx?lid=YN926x196273483&qt=yp&what=Applebee&where=Seattle%2c+Washington&s_cid=ansPhBkYp02&mkt=en-us&q=Applebee%2c+seattle

Height 5'6"  HW 263 SW 239 LW 142 From size 20/22 to size 5/6   

At 4 years out I crept back up to 180 now working my way back down. CW 173 size 10

BandtoSleeve
on 10/8/10 4:27 pm - Redmond, WA
Topic: Moving from DFW to Redmond need new doc
I am post-op VSG on 08/26/2010. I went back to my surgeon for my first post-op follow up and haven't been back since. Between the move and lack of physical issues other than the usual heartburn and an RX for PPI's I haven't needed to be seen.

I am debating even getting another WLS as my surgery is done, it's permanent but I'm worried about the "what if this or that happens" and I need surgery or a complication arises. I am covered under Premera BCBS PPO- Microsoft. They didn't pay for my VSG surgery but they paid to remove the Devilish LapBand that haunted me for 5 years and I paid the difference.

So does anyone have a great surgeon close to Redmond? I'm from Texas, so close to me is within a 30 minute to hour radius one way.

Thanks!
Lap Band Aug. 2005, Revision to VSG and Band Removed Aug. 2010

vitalady
on 10/8/10 12:18 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Topic: RE: Support Group Meeting??
Check the mileage to Puyallup. I think it's over 100 i, but you can check. We have mtgs This week, Tues/Wed. You can bring a sleeping bag if you need to. Got an extra bed

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 10/7/10 2:02 am - WA
Topic: RE: I've been "STUCK" twice now... Can I ever get this right?
OK, You are not a looser, You need to sit down and talk to others with the same issues! Roberta Christian hosts a Lap Band support group, at the Auburn Hospital the 3rd Thursday of each month. call her for all the detalis-(206) 353-8146. It is a super group! hang in there things will get better!

Merrilou

jennay
on 10/5/10 3:24 pm
Topic: RE: Other Bandsters in Snohomish Area??
Hey Stephanie, just wanted to let you know that there is a support group that meets in Marysville as well... hope you can join us sometime!

Monthly Support Group for patients interested in a positive, safe environment to discuss issues, ask questions, share stories, and celebrate victories with weight loss surgery (all types welcome).  Whether you are a current patient, are scheduled for surgery, or are just gathering information about weight-loss surgery then this is the place for you!

Important Details:

First Thursday of each month (October 7 is our next meeting)
6:30-8 pm
Grandview Village*
5800 64th ST NE (near the Marysville YMCA)
Marysville WA 98270

*when you enter the lobby the staff will direct you to the meeting room

...feel free to message me if you have any questions, I hope to see some new faces this month!

jennay
on 10/5/10 3:21 pm
Topic: RE: Support Group in Snohomish Co area
Hi Lorna- hope you are doing well and you can make it to the meeting this month... I still need your help with the meeting reminders, just got super busy in August (I got married!). I will get my act together and get you the email addys and info you need, because I really do need your help! See you soon :) Jen

Most Active