Recent Posts

wdp1015
on 10/17/10 10:12 am
Topic: clothing exchange/meet and greet
Anyone in the Federal Way, Seattle, or  surrounding area interested in a clothing exchange and meet and greet?  I would be willing to organize.  I know I'm starting to accumulate  quite a bit of clothes that no longer fit. I'd be willing to exchange or even sell for real cheap. 

If enough people respond I could plan it for November.  Since this site is not too active I could also make a list of those interested and set a date for after the holiday season. You could also send me an email if you like.

Let me know,
Wendy
[email protected]

BandtoSleeve
on 10/15/10 2:36 am - Redmond, WA
Topic: RE: Moving from DFW to Redmond need new doc
Thanks for the information. I am going to send you a PM to request information on your support group. We know absolutely nobody and it would be great to get know others who've had this surgery in the area.
Lap Band Aug. 2005, Revision to VSG and Band Removed Aug. 2010

BandtoSleeve
on 10/15/10 2:34 am - Redmond, WA
Topic: Moving from TX to Redmond, WA
Hello my New Neighbors!

My name is Carrie, I had VSG on Aug. 26th. We are in the middle of moving from Wylie, TX to Redmond, WA due to my husband's job. I was not born in TX but got here as fast as I could at age 2, Hubby is a native Texan. This will be the first time either of us have lived outside of the State of Texas (and remember it!). We are the proud parents of two little girls under the age of 6.

I am searching for recommendations on a good Bariatric Surgeon to continue my care. I haven't had a single issue other than the usual GERD and heartburn. I am on Nexium for that.

If you know any good doctors let me know. I need to find a good General Practice doc for myself and Hubby, a Pediatrician for the kids, Bar. Surgeon as I said for myself and potentially Hubby.

Our move is about a week and half away! :) Please keep positive prayers for my family going, we need all the help we can get as it is a very stressful time. We've been married for almost 10 years and this is only our 2nd move!
Lap Band Aug. 2005, Revision to VSG and Band Removed Aug. 2010

Irishmario
on 10/14/10 7:51 pm - Seattle, WA
Topic: RE: Seattle Area get together?
yay north

HW: 330/ SW: 300/ CW: 285

giver44
on 10/14/10 1:19 am - Post Falls, ID
Topic: RE: Need some help getting labs a little better - Spokane Endo, anyone???
Eric!!  The group at Rockwood Clinic.. is welcomeing all WLS patients and have an excellent nutritionist on staff.    If you need the number.. Email me.  Good luck to you.  Alice
netta
on 10/13/10 5:47 am
Topic: Patient led Bariatric Support Group,Ft Lewis wash
Try our our group,it is a Patient Led Support Group,Bariatric Surgeries from Madigan Hospital,We offer support,understanding Question get answered,we are not a part of the Hospital Pathway,we are people just like you and we want to give back to Madigan by helping other thru this journey,support group are very inportant just try us out,we are all military,
we also have Surgery friendly potlucks and clothing exchanges,to show you what foods to have at first and thru your process, and to save money on clothing most of which you will only wear for a short time,
So please try out this group,
Place,,ACS Building on Ft Lewis,,across the street from Waller Hall,
Time,Every Thursday,,5-7 pm.
No one under 18,but a support person is welcome and encourage to come
Room is walker and wheel chair accessable,parking and room is ground level
my name is Redd, Please come

REDD

netta
on 10/13/10 5:36 am
Topic: RE: Panni at Madigan
hi ladies,
try the support group at the ACS Building on Ft Lewis,it iS a patient led support group,people who have had their Bariatric surgery at Madigan,it is every thursday,5-7pm,come early or late ,just come,,,tomarrow we are having a surgery friendly potluck/clothing exchange,,Oct 14th,you will get the info you need, and the support of people who are in your shoes,My name is Redd, Please come and enjoy the group of Losers.Acs Building across the street from Waller Hall,on Ft Lewis
bikerchickk
on 10/12/10 9:26 am - Sequim, WA
How about Lynnwood next time? I did not have a lot of fun driving south last time. Also these split shifts are killing me slowly.

Height 5'6"  HW 263 SW 239 LW 142 From size 20/22 to size 5/6   

At 4 years out I crept back up to 180 now working my way back down. CW 173 size 10

thisbe777
on 10/12/10 8:28 am
woo freakin' hoo!    i do love that coat......

we need another meet.....

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

bikerchickk
on 10/12/10 8:20 am - Sequim, WA
I forgot to even give it to you! I was distracted. Thanks for showing up! I will get it to you. You can either email me your address or we can get together again. BTW, I have ordered myself a new coat :0)

Height 5'6"  HW 263 SW 239 LW 142 From size 20/22 to size 5/6   

At 4 years out I crept back up to 180 now working my way back down. CW 173 size 10

Most Active