Recent Posts

Cindy K.
on 10/26/10 2:24 pm - Seattle, WA
Topic: RE: Any Patients of Dr Thien Nguyen(Overlake Medical) Out there
No, no questions it is just that I have never seen his name on this website.

clk

Proximal RNY 9-10-10
High Weight 230
Surgery Weight 205
Goal Weight 140   

Aberdare
on 10/26/10 2:02 pm - Bellevue, WA
Topic: RE: Any Patients of Dr Thien Nguyen(Overlake Medical) Out there
My son had Dr Nguyen and I have met him several times. He is delightful. I did not use him for my surgery because I really like Dr Lauter Too bad you cannot make our group as Dr Nguyen is often there. Do you have questions about him?
Jay

Aberdare
on 10/25/10 3:08 pm - Bellevue, WA
Topic: RE: Moving from TX to Redmond, WA
Carrie, Welcome. My regular Dr is Teresa Girolami and she is in Redmond. She has a great interest in obesity so is VERY supportive. 425-558-3800.    My surgeon is David Lauter and is wonderful and has a great reputation. He has been doing wt loss surgery for many years and is in Bellevue. He is affiliated with Overlake Hospital and has a partner Troy Houseworth so there is always someone to help you. 425-453-7888     We have a great support group run by Overlake. We meet twice a month at the hospital.  The group has a bariatric manager Christina Armstrong ,also a dietition and a therapist and they are all there each time and usually a surgeon drops in.   I have 2 grandchildren and my daughter loves their pediatrician. I can get his info for you
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions. I am a Realtor so I am used to helping relocation clients.
Looking forward to meeting you when you arrive
Jay

Cindy K.
on 10/25/10 2:55 pm - Seattle, WA
Topic: RE: Depression and slow weight loss!
I agree you need to be in a support group.  I attend a great support group at Virginia Mason in Federal Way,  Meeting is the 4th Wednesday of the month (yes this wednesday) 6pm-8pm.  I did not have my surgery at Virginia Mason but they welcomed me with open arms and answered all my quesetions before surgery.  I am really looking forward to the meeting.

You also sound like you would benefit from speaking with a psychologist.  There are a couple of good ones in the area that specialize in Weight Loss Counseling.  One of the people in my support group sees a good one and he shares the name with interested people in the support group.

I am sometimes a little late as I come from work in downtown Seattle but I personally would like to invite you.  I live in Des Moines.

cindy 

Proximal RNY 9-10-10
High Weight 230
Surgery Weight 205
Goal Weight 140   

Cindy K.
on 10/25/10 2:47 pm - Seattle, WA
Topic: Any Patients of Dr Thien Nguyen(Overlake Medical) Out there
Just wondering if there are any patients of Dr Thien Nguyen of Overlake Hospital Medical Center out there.  I had my RNY on 9-10-10.  It has been a rough recovery.  I do not live in Bellevue area and so I attend a support group at Virginia Mason in Federal Way.  None of the members have had him as their surgeon.

By the way, he is not the the Dr Thien Nguyen at Group Health in Bellevue.

cindy

Proximal RNY 9-10-10
High Weight 230
Surgery Weight 205
Goal Weight 140   

Linda W.
on 10/25/10 4:57 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: Any support groups in Vancouver, Washington?
Gastric by-pass in the third Wednesday of the month at Southwest Washington Medical Center

Linda
"I can do ALL things through CHRIST who gives me strength" Phil. 4:13 

Britt U.
on 10/23/10 12:56 pm - Mill Creek, WA
Hi Carrie!

Glad you're almost here. Can't wait to get a chance to meet you.

Dr. Billing in Edmonds will see sleeve patients who've moved into the area and he's one of the best sleeve surgeons in the state. He's been great to me. He took my band out and then would have done my sleeve if I'd won my insurance appeal. He's still happy to see me though and will be repairing a hernia I was just diagnosed with.

But I also think you'd love my primary care doc Dr. Julie Brogren. She is opening a new womens rejuvenation clinic in Woodinville which would be a reasonable drive for you. She has a lap band and her parents had their sleeves with Dr. Billing. Her clinic will offer follow-up care for WLS patients as well as all the other care a woman needs. She's at Mill Creek Family Practice up by me right now but her new clinic opens in January.

Hope your move goes smoothly,
Britt

Thorney
on 10/23/10 12:10 pm - Seattle, WA
Topic: RE: Where are you in Washington? Care to share a few details about yourself?
I'm Thorney, and i am 52.  I live in the Redondo Beach area.  I am almost 6 years out.  I'm married and have two adult sons and three fur children.

Thorney
280/132

missmoon
on 10/23/10 9:35 am
 Hi, Carrie,
Welcome to Redmond!
I live here in Redmond, and can't say enough positive things about the doctors at Eastside Family Medicine in Bellevue.  Dr. Kraft is my primary care physician, and I love her.  So smart, and so down to earth.  Dr. Cooley is also excellent, as is Dr. Egnal (and, FYI, all three have been featured over the years as Seattle's Top Doctors in Seattle Magazine and Seattle Met Magazine).  As for bariatrics, I'm still shopping, thinking about the VSG, and have been impressed with Dr. Thien Nguyen at Overlake Hospital in Bellevue. He is the director, and they are a Center of Excellence. 
Good Luck!
Susan O.
on 10/23/10 4:31 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Topic: Support Group MONDAY Oct 25th
Hi Everyone!
  Don't forget  the Thru Thick N' Thin Support Group Meeting on Monday, Oct. 25th. Support is what is going to get you through this in the long-term! We welcome folks with any type of WLS, from any Dr. to join us. If you are "considering" WLS, or are pre-op., please join us, as this is an excellent place to get info from those who have "been there, done that! We will be hearing comments from those who attended the NW WLS conf. in Portland, along with discussing our topic of the night "A new BOO" .
  We meet every 4th Monday of the month from 5:30pm until 7:30pm at the Fire Station, 114th & A Street  - off Pacific Ave., (Parkland,) Tacoma, WA 98444. Please come in the back door. You are welcome to bring your support person, however no children (under age 18). Please silence and do not use your cell phone during the meeting.
Looking forward to seeing you!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

Most Active