Recent Posts

nursemeems
on 11/7/10 1:23 am - Richland, WA
Topic: RE: I've been "STUCK" twice now... Can I ever get this right?
Are you in a support group? Have or do you currently see a nutritionist? Lastly, are you waiting too long between eating? My nutritionist emphasizes the need to take at least 20-30 min to eat anything! this may help. I do encourage you to seek local support with people who can relate to you! Good Luck
nursemeems
on 11/6/10 7:32 pm - Richland, WA
Topic: Feling nervous and hoping for reassurance...
Ok SO I have been a member on here forever,, but only got ins that would pay this year. Here is thepart where I need some reassurance. I have done all my presurgical stuff... My chart was sent to UMP review board late last week, anyone have any idea how long the review will take?? Especially anyone with recent UMP experience but i just want some encouragement ( now I will stop whining)
MaryAnne
Mini.me
on 11/3/10 6:44 am
Topic: RE: Marysvill Support Group on 11/4- we have a guest speaker
So excited to attend on Thursday.  I've missed you guys!!!

Revision from Sleeve to DS (with re-Sleeve) on 10/10/17. Slow and steady ...

kritter
on 11/2/10 5:41 am - Elk, WA
Topic: 5/6 xl clothing
Does anyone have any 5xl or 6xl office casual clothes they would like to donate?  I am 60 and work in a very low paying office job, but I still need the correct clothing.  I just can't afford to buy them.  The ones I have I have been wearing for more than 2 years.  Some much longer than that.  Please contact me at [email protected]  . Perhaps we can make a deal.  I'll pay to have them sent to me.  I can pay thru paypal.  Before this Friday would be best.  Pay day.  I also need everyday clothes.
(deactivated member)
on 11/2/10 12:41 am - .., WA
Topic: Plastic Surgeon, Richland WA. DR, Fleming, thoughts?
Have any of you heard of or had experience with Dr. F. Fleming out of Richland WA? Hes not on here but, I have heard of him s bit. He is Board Certified in Plastic Surgery.  I would love to see some of his before/after pictures but none on his webpage. He accepts my insurance and not many do. So thats good... so long as he's good at what he does it's good anyway, I hope someone here knows of him.

jennay
on 10/30/10 12:12 pm
Topic: Marysvill Support Group on 11/4- we have a guest speaker
Monthly Support Group for patients interested in a positive, safe environment to discuss issues, ask questions, share stories, and celebrate victories with weight loss surgery (all types welcome).  Whether you are a current patient, are scheduled for surgery, or are just gathering information about weight-loss surgery then this is the place for you!

Important Details:

First Thursday of each month (November 4th is our next meeting)
6:30-8 pm
Grandview Village*
5800 64th ST NE (near the Marysville YMCA)
Marysville WA 98270

*when you enter the lobby the staff will direct you to the meeting room

...feel free to message me if you have any questions, I hope to see some new faces this month!

RobH
on 10/29/10 12:58 am - WA
Topic: RE: Dr. Kjorstad at Madigan??
Thank you Cathy!  I do appreciate your input and feedback.  I met Dr. Kjorstad and grilled him pretty good.  He is board certified, late 30s, been a general surgeon for more then 10 years and bariatric surgeon for 3.  He has several hundred laparoscopic surgeris under his belt with no fatalities and only 1 leak.  I was pretty satisfied.  Like you, I thought he was straight forward and had no problems with any of my questions.  I have my date of 6 December!
Thank you again!
Rob

Cathy R.
on 10/28/10 2:52 pm - yelm, WA
Topic: RE: Boughie size at Madigan
Did you get an answer? I asked my surgeon and he just said small enough.
Cathy R    
Cathy R.
on 10/28/10 2:28 pm - yelm, WA
Topic: RE: Panni at Madigan
I'm interested as well, but a general surgery nurse told me today that effective July 2010 the Surgeon General now requires the Plastic and General surgery departments to charge for these surgeries. She said once the surgery is paid for the receipt has to be shown prior to scheduling. I do not know for how much and for which ones exactly but I'm hoping to find out more early 2011. Dr Kjorstad told me in June that he was expecting the cost to be 2000-6000 dollars for a tummy tuck.
The support groups are much more likely to have more updated information. I sure hope that wouldn't apply to anyone already on the list. I'm not there, yet.
Cathy R    
Cathy R.
on 10/28/10 2:11 pm - yelm, WA
Topic: RE: Dr. Kjorstad at Madigan??
I had VSG with Dr Martin last January and Dr Kjorstad has seen me since.  I really like him he is very personable and takes his time to be sure to answer any questions, but I can't comment on his surgical abilities.  My last appointment with the clinic is January and I can schedule with Dr Martin (he is scheduled to return from a tour) or Dr Kjorstad, I would personally prefer Dr Kjorstad, if he is there then.

I see that he is a military licensed physician and surgeon since 2008, but the year most likely means licensing in Washington State, he seemed more mature than Dr Martin at the time.

I know that isn't much help, but keep the appointment with him and evaluate on your own, from what I understand it isn't unusual at all to ask for another surgeon.
Cathy R    
Most Active