Recent Posts

PinkFlamingoes
on 11/28/10 10:42 am - Buckley, WA
Topic: RE: IN REMEMBRANCE OF KATHY H
Very sad . My thoughts & prayers are with her family .

Dapme
on 11/27/10 1:29 pm - kingwood, TX
Kathy died from colon cancer. By the time it was discovered it had already spread to her
liver and bones.

She is greatly missed.

Regards,
Denise
(deactivated member)
on 11/27/10 2:06 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Topic: RE: Support Group wanted
That's a great idea, Heather!  I'll check out the Kaiser lead and let you know.  I also got a phone number for a group in Vancouver, but haven't yet checked it out.

Happy Holidays!
Heather Wooldridge
on 11/26/10 11:15 am - Longview, WA
RNY on 03/21/12
Topic: RE: Support Group wanted
Hello Lynn,
   I live in Longview and have been looking for a support group in this area for a while.  I had heard that Kaiser had one a while back but I am not sure if you need to be a patient of theirs or even if it is still meeting.  If you find one in this area would you let me know?
   I was thinking about looking into starting a group myself.  If you would be interested in helping or even attending let me know.  I believe that there is a great need in this area for a group and it would be great for people like me who cannot travel as far for meetings.

Thanks,
   Heather
jcheryld
on 11/25/10 8:43 pm
Topic: RE: 6 years ago tomorrow
Congratulations on 6 years of success to you! Any tips on what your long term secrets are would be great. Thanks!
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

(deactivated member)
on 11/23/10 2:28 am - .., WA
Susan O.
on 11/22/10 5:27 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Topic: TTNT Cancelled for Monday Nov. 22nd
Sorry, but due to the snow and forecasted winds, we will not have the local Thru Thick N' Thin Support Group meeting tonight. We will try a "chat" from 6-7 p.m. for our members on the TTNT OH group site. I haven't done it before, but as long as the electricity holds, we should be good!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

Helen_Anne
on 11/21/10 12:10 am - Bremerton, WA
Amy...

Thank you for letting us know... I remember Kathy... I will keep Kathy's Family in my prayers.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

maxs_mom
on 11/19/10 11:54 pm - Auburn, WA
Topic: IN REMEMBRANCE OF KATHY H
I just learned that Kathy H ( http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/kweb4/ ) died at home on the night of November 11, 2010. 

This is the only information I have at the moment but will post more if and when I receive it.

Kathy was a vibrant woman with a quick wit and a gentle nature.  She made her  first foray into the WA forum less than two years ago and some of you may recall her first avatar; a cartoonish image of a pleasantly plump pink pig wearing a pink tutu.  Indeed, when I first met this lovely woman before a Dr. Srikanth support group when Karin, Denise, Kathy, and I met for a cup of tea and dish of laughter; it was only when Kathy revealed that she was the "pig ballerina" on OH that I was able to connect the obviously intelligent woman who posted in this forum with the beautiful soul before me.

Please take a moment today to remember this remarkable woman.

~Namaste~

Amy

maxs_mom
on 11/19/10 11:51 pm - Auburn, WA
Most Active