Recent Posts

Maryellen R.
on 12/10/10 4:03 pm - Sayville, NY
Topic: Hi from a NYer!
 Hello,

I may be visiting Seattle in 2011 and wanted to make some new friends.
I am an OH Support Group Leader and Bariatric Coach.  I had the RNY in 2006 and have lost 120lbs.
My support group is called LIPO (Long Island Post Ops), we have a FREE virtual support group forum both  which is not very active a big one on Facebook, check it out at 
www.facebook.com/pages/LIPO-Long-Island-Post-Ops/369315852300

Tata for now!
Maryellen
To visit LIPO (Long Island Post Ops) bariatric support group website click here: www.liponation.org

"WLS is a journey, not a destination (don't get comfortable) ... it's a road that we must travel daily to succeed".  Faith Thomas

visit my blog at theessenceofmaryellen.com/

Katie M.
on 12/10/10 2:01 am - WA
Topic: Spokane Support Groups for Sleeve?
Hello Everyone! I am looking to find some info on support groups or just some supportive individuals in the Spokane area for a friend of mine who has recently had a Sleeve.

Any info would be fantastic!!!!

Katie
Katie M.
on 12/7/10 3:12 am - WA
Topic: RE: Puget Sound Surgical Center
You're welcome! I do beleive we are the only center providing this surgery as a day surgery. The experience was fine for me... You wake up a little woozy from the anesthesia and a little pain from surgery of course. I went home and took my meds and was great. You are down for a week or two post-op for recovery. You are mostly feeling drained, and you will be taking some pain meds as well. Our program has you returning to the center the next day to have an IV of fluids to ensure you are properly hydrated.

Feel free to email me for a faster response time. lol. I know all of the questions do not come to mind at the same time!

[email protected]

Katie
countrygolden
on 12/6/10 1:05 pm - Amboy, WA
Thank you Katie! It does say something about a place when the patients want to work for them!

My only true concern is this is the only place I have seen that the sleeve is done on an outpatient basis. Everyone else seems to require 1-2 days of hospitalization. I certainly don't care to be in a hospital but I am worried about how I will feel afterwards and whether I will feel comfortable leaving at the end of the day.

Just how DO you feel afterwards?
Katie M.
on 12/6/10 6:18 am - WA
Hi there!

I am 2 years out from my Sleeve surgery! I had a wonderful experience in their program and beleive it to be the best around. :O)

As of last month, I am actually working for the Bariatric Program at PSSC. I am honored to be able to help those who are struggling just like I was.

I am not a salesperson! I can get you any information you need - feel free to email me at [email protected] or call 425 778 2220 ext.216

There are a couple other people on my friends list here that were patients here as well. I am still trying to make friends - so don't laugh at how little friends I have.

Katie
countrygolden
on 12/5/10 12:27 pm - Amboy, WA
Topic: Puget Sound Surgical Center
Has anyone had their surgery through Puget Sound Surgical Center? My experience so far has been great but just curious about feedback from anyone else about the surgery being "outpatient'.
kathy-schuldt
on 12/4/10 2:53 pm - bremerton, WA
Topic: RE: Can any one suggest a good Surgeon @ Madigan?
I had a laproscopic sleeve with Dr. Kjorsted in August and really like him.  had no problems and he answered all my question. 
hw:258  sw:217  gw:140    height: 5'          
najforsell
on 12/2/10 6:31 am
Topic: Back On Track

Have you lost the new you?

Struggling with an extended weight plateau?

Regained some weight?

Well it’s time you reclaim the new you with the Back on Track program! Get the education and motivation you need to get back on track to reach and maintain your optimum weight-loss goals by participating in this 6-week session.

The St. Francis Center for Weight Management is offering a free orientation to learn more about the Back on Track program on Monday, December 20 at 6pm.

Please let me know if you would like to attend the orientation by calling us at 253-944-6544.

Nora Forsell
Bariatric Coordinator
St Francis Center for Weight Management
St Francis Hospital
Federal Way, Wa.
Nascarfanjw
on 12/1/10 12:53 pm - Olympia, WA
RNY on 08/10/10 with
Topic: RE: Can any one suggest a good Surgeon @ Madigan?
Dr. Sebesta performed my surgery.  I highly reccommend him.  I had a laproscopic roux-en-y on August 10th.  Let me know if you have any questions. 
RedsHotMomma
on 11/30/10 1:07 am - Fort Rucker, AL
Topic: Can any one suggest a good Surgeon @ Madigan?
Hi, I'm on my second round of choosing a sugeon at Madigan Army Medical. I have my first appointment on Thursday. Can anyone suggest a good doc? Anyone to aviod? Any advice?
Most Active