Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 1/3/11 10:12 am
Topic: RE: Looking for a support group closer to Whidbey Island
i also live on Whidbey island (Greenbank) my RNY is scheduled for Feb. 23rd at Virginia Mason in Seattle. I also have been trying to find a support group on the is;and and haven't had any luck.  this site has been very helpful, and the people are quick to respond to my many dumb questions. hopefully we can find a group closer to home soon.
Helen_Anne
on 1/3/11 6:50 am - Bremerton, WA
Topic: RE: Been awhile
Hi... we are neighbors... I live in Bremerton. 

There is a support group at the Bremerton Harrison Hospital on the 3rd Tuesday of the month... so the next one is Jan 18.  I have gone to this group several times.. and there is LOTS of support there. 

If you are willing to go to the Bremerton Tennis Club... you can have my punch card that you can go to any class they offer.

My husband and I just joined the Bremerton YMCA... so its unlikely that I would go to the tennis club.

Helen 

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

nicola542
on 1/2/11 12:12 pm - Bremerton, WA
Topic: Been awhile
 Just wanted to say hi, haven't been on the boards in quite some time, things have just been crazy outside of the computer in reality. I had my surgery last May and so far have lost apprx 105lbs, but feeling a little down about it because I had cookies and not good for me foods(only bites, but when it's bad, it's bad) and I've been at the same weight for a few months now going up and down about 4 lbs. Before surgery and after I was real big on water aerobics, but than after my husband went back to school, money got to tight and I was doing some DVDs but those are hard for me to keep motivated because I don't enjoy it like the water, and they're harder for me to do because I've had seven knee surgeries. Anyways we have a gazzelle and an ab lounger in the house again and I'm trying those.  Looking for food ideas too, on what you all do for exercise and food.

There's many Support groups around here, I know SPS is active and wonderful group of ladies, but where I live across the water from Seattle I can't find an active Bremerton group.

nicola542
on 1/2/11 12:05 pm - Bremerton, WA
Topic: RE: Hi from a NYer!
 Just wanted to say hi MaryEllen! Haven't been on the boards much in the last few months or more, things have just been crazy outside of the computer in reality. I had my surgery last May and so far have lost apprx 105lbs, but feeling a little down about it because I had cookies and not good for me foods(only bites, but when it's bad, it's bad) and I've been at the same weight for a few months now going up and down about 4 lbs. Before surgery and after I was real big on water aerobics, but than after my husband went back to school, money got to tight and I was doing some DVDs but those are hard for me to keep motivated because I don't enjoy it like the water. Anyways we have a gazzelle and an ab lounger in the house again and I'm trying those.

I hope you have a wonderful time in Seattle, it's a great place! There's many Support groups around there, I know SPS is active and wonderful group of ladies, but where I live across the water from Seattle I can't find an active Bremerton group.

gail *
on 1/2/11 6:24 am - Seattle, WA
Topic: DS Support Group meeting....Tukwila
Just a reminder, DS support group meeting this Saturday.

Date: Jan. 8th
Time: 3:00pm
Place: The Sizzler - Tukwila ( back meeting room )

Hope to see you there!
Gail
Tricia W.
on 1/1/11 7:44 am - Yakima, WA
Topic: RE: 15 days till surgery!!!
Is your surgery on Jan 12 or 13th?  My surgery is scheduled for January 13th.   I am on day 3 of the liquid diet and I am starving.  I have been drinking my protein shakes and broth and eating tons of jello. FYI, I started taking Benefiber today because I hear problems can occur during this phase.  Good luck!!!

Peace & Love, Tricia 

Mrs-stick
on 12/30/10 10:20 am - Orting, WA
Topic: RE: Unavoidable and avoidable negatives of WLS?
Hello,
I had my RNY 11/22. I have had some not so good days but for the most part I have been able to handle all of it. I have noticed a few things have changed. My since of smell is off the chart. I can not stand overly sweet things and the taste of protein powders make me want to gag. Constipation is a fact. But there are ways around all of this. I did not have to go on a pre -op diet. Although now is a go time to practice your new eating plans. Sample some protein powders. I would advise not buying large tubs of it as your taste will probably change. If you lose some weight now you will have a head start.  Read as much as you can about RNY and try not to worry. It is all going to be alright. I will be thinking about you!! xoxox Diane
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 12/29/10 3:31 am - WA
Topic: RE: 15 days till surgery!!!
I think you should ask you Dr. or the staff at the Dr.s office. Good luck ! 15days until your new life!

Merrilou
jgardner
on 12/29/10 3:12 am - Kirkland, WA
Topic: RE: MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Evergreen Hospital in Kirkland, WA is a Center of Excellence and accepts Medicare (not DSHS) for hospital charges. To my knowledge, none of the surgeons currently affiliated with our program (Montgomery, Michaelson, Chock, Srikanth, Clinch, Chebli, Billings, and Landerholm) accept Medicare. This essentially makes the total surgery cost about half what it would be if Medicare did not cover the hospital portion.

I hope this information is helpful, please feel free to contact me directly with any questions.

Jarreau Gardner, MS, RD Bariatric Program Coordinator Evergreen Healthcare
[email protected]
(425) 899-3630  
Maryellen R.
on 12/28/10 12:03 pm - Sayville, NY
Topic: check out episode #104 in it's entirety!
Maryellen
To visit LIPO (Long Island Post Ops) bariatric support group website click here: www.liponation.org

"WLS is a journey, not a destination (don't get comfortable) ... it's a road that we must travel daily to succeed".  Faith Thomas

visit my blog at theessenceofmaryellen.com/

Most Active