Recent Posts

Helen_Anne
on 1/6/11 8:06 am - Bremerton, WA
Topic: RE: 1 week to go
Being Nervous is VERY common...in fact I would be a litte worried if you were not a little nervous.  That said.... I never regretted my decision to have surgery.  I would have NEVER been able to get to the weight that I am with out the surgery. 

I have often thought... I finally have the life that I NEVER thought possible!! 

Keep us updated on your progress!!

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

susanh56
on 1/6/11 7:42 am
Topic: 1 week to go
I don't know about anyone else, but I am so nervous about this surgery. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I need something to calm my nerves!!! My pre-op is tomorrow, I'm asking for drugs!!!
Helen_Anne
on 1/6/11 1:00 am, edited 1/6/11 3:07 am - Bremerton, WA
Topic: RE: Unavoidable and avoidable negatives of WLS?

Hi...

I had one brief "dumping" episone within the first few days after surgery... I ate cream of wheat that had gotten cool and too thick...  but other than that I did not have any problems. 

That said... I did "test" my pouch... and have eaten foods that I have dumped on or ate too fast and/or did not chew well enough and got the "foamies".  The Foamies is... lack of a better description.. is your bodys reaction to eating too fast or not chewing well... that you throw up "foam".  It generally does not last long... but when its happening... it is unpleasant. 

I did throw up often in the first 6 months... mostly in the frst 3 months... but with no stomach acid... at least there was not any "burning" in my thoat.  Its been months since I have thrown up. 

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

TaliTali
on 1/5/11 7:24 am - Sammamish, WA
Topic: RE: DS Support Group meeting....Tukwila
Fantastic thanks! I've been searching for groups here and just not had any luck. I'm used to attending 2-4 support group meetings a month and like it that way but haven't had such luck here.

HW ~ SW ~ CW
310 - 291 - 150

Charlotte Maier
on 1/5/11 2:10 am - Belfair, WA
Topic: Aetna
Hi  Has anyone been approved by Aetna lately?
Charlotte
gail *
on 1/4/11 2:39 pm - Seattle, WA

We meet every 2nd Saturday of the month. Same time and location.

You can also register on meetup.com ;  search for duodenal switch, the moderator is Laura. She will email the group as a reminder.

Hope to see you soon!
Gail
Katie M.
on 1/4/11 12:36 pm - WA
Topic: RE: Been awhile
I think you are on the right track by reaching out!! Catch up with that Support group and move when you can.

You have already started to get back in gear, nice work! Now my turn, lol!

TaliTali
on 1/4/11 12:34 pm - Sammamish, WA
How often does this group meet? I'd really like to attend but this Sat. may not work for me.

-T

HW ~ SW ~ CW
310 - 291 - 150

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 1/3/11 11:48 pm - WA
Topic: RE: Been awhile
Our journey is always a struggle!  More protein drinks will help and a support group . I walk as much as possible, at the mall inside! and window shop!!! hang in and keep smiling

Merrilou
Maryellen R.
on 1/3/11 9:21 pm - Sayville, NY
Topic: Free give-a-way bike!

Psssttt.....have you guys joined the FB CLICK Espresso Protein Drink page yet? If not, what the heck are you waiting for? They have AWESOME give-a-ways! Join/ "LIKE" it today! And, tell them that Maryellen Picchiello Ruggiero from LIPO sent you for a chance to win a WONDERFUL bike!

Good luck!

Maryellen
To visit LIPO (Long Island Post Ops) bariatric support group website click here: www.liponation.org

"WLS is a journey, not a destination (don't get comfortable) ... it's a road that we must travel daily to succeed".  Faith Thomas

visit my blog at theessenceofmaryellen.com/

Most Active