Recent Posts

Amber9a
on 7/30/14 1:12 pm
Topic: Who is your Dr? How was your Surgery outcome to date?

Hello everyone,

I am wondering who all your Dr's are and where you all had  your surgery at? Last but not least outcomes to date on your surgery.
I am just now starting the process now, Doctor I chose is Dr. Houseworth, hospital Franciscan Health Center. My BMI Is 40.1 I am the heaviest I have ever been so far looking forward to surgery can't wait for my date.  

Amber Bytheway

racoo
on 7/8/14 7:00 am
Topic: RE: Looking for support groups in or very near Monroe

Hey there~

I think Marysville would be fine. :) 

I will check it out. Thanks Katie!

Kim Gyurina, OH Staff
on 7/8/14 5:50 am
DS on 09/27/23
Topic: The Countdown is on....will you be there?

The ObesityHelp Conference 2014 is about education and information for living a healthy lifestyle with weight loss surgery.  In addition to the Grad Panel Q/A, Professional Panel Q/A, Fashion Show, no charge professional quality Pixel Photo Booth pictures, free plastic surgery consults, a Meet & Greet and Keynote Speaker Graham Elliot, MasterChef Judge, here's the 4-1-1 on the sessions at the Conference:

●   I'm Changing and I'm Perfect As I Am

●   Dealing with uncomfortable food situations and social settings after WLS

●   The importance of support on your WLS journey

●   Reading Between the Labels:  How To Outsmart Your Groceries

●   How Much Does a Zebra Weigh?  (Yes, you'll find out in this session)

●   Re-Defining Success After Bariatric Surgery

●   Six Steps to Success When Coping With Addiction after WLS

●   What To Do After the Honeymoon is Over

●   Exploring Your Reconstructive Plastic Surgery Options

●   What To Expect When You're Expecting.....Surgery to Work

●   Sex, Intimacy and Relationships after WLS

●   How Yoga supports your WLS journey

From attending the Conference, you'll take away things you've learned that will help you live a healthy lifestyle, friendships that you'll have made, lots of vendor samples and a goodie bag, photos and memories that you'll cherish for a long time. 

The countdown to the Conference is ON......buy your tickets now - you'll be glad you did!

Kim Gyurina, Event Manager

Katie M.
on 7/7/14 6:56 am - WA
Topic: RE: Looking for support groups in or very near Monroe

Hey there!

Is Marysville close enough for you? We welcome all patients from all centers... You will see a lot of VSG with some RNY sprinked in ;) all are welcome! http://pugetsoundbariatrics.com/patient-information/support-groups

nikkilyne
on 7/6/14 7:16 pm
Topic: RE: Spokane area??

I am in spokane.

Beauty in all

3lilmunchkins
on 7/1/14 7:48 am
Topic: Advice for WLS at Madigan?

Hi everyone,

I'm in the early stages of pursuing a WLS and was wondering if anyone could share their experience or offer advice for a surgery at Madigan? I think that I would want a DS but I'm trying to keep an open mind about other options.

Thanks for your help,
Bianca

“Do not think of today’s failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourself a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find a joy in overcoming obstacles.”
~Helen Keller

racoo
on 6/28/14 1:22 pm
Topic: Looking for support groups in or very near Monroe

Hi everybody!

I am post op Gastric Bypass (last October). We are moving back to WA next week and I am looking for support groups near Monroe or in Monroe. Is anybody meeting in this area?

I will need a new Bariatric facility/doctor etc. I prefer a clinic that is a center of excellence.

Looking forward to connecting with other WLS patients soon.

Thanks!

gaylesnickers
on 6/25/14 3:13 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

I think we will all learn a few lessons the hard way as we try to determine what will work for our bodies. Thanks for the well wishes, it's creeping up that's for sure.

Debguy
on 6/25/14 1:37 pm

It all tastes good too, although ate my cottage cheese too fast at lunch today and really had an issue with stomach pain for about 3 hrs.   I was at work and visiting with someone instead of paying attention to what I was doing. Learned a good lesson.  Hope all goes well for you on surgery day. 

gaylesnickers
on 6/24/14 1:27 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

I'm glad you can finally have pur'ee , Isn't it funny that something that once did not sound so good can suddenly sound like the best thing ever?

Most Active