looking for a friend in same situation

cwp21
on 5/8/06 1:23 am - Othello, WA
Hi all, my name is Cindy and I am in the process of getting my insurance to pre approve my surgery. I been wanting this surgery for a long time but just now getting real serious about it. There are alot of steps to go thru. I am 5' 7" 380 lbs. I've been overweight most of mylife and tried every diet out there and nothing works. I am working toward mh goal of having surgery and want to find someone to talk to and for support. an email friend to talk to. IF there is anyone i n the same boat as me and wants a friend to email or text message with...contact me I will help you and be a good friend. Good luck on your jouney and talk to you soon.
wifeofabozohead
on 5/8/06 2:32 am - Burien, WA
Hi Cindy, I know where Othello is.... I opened the Best Western a few years back. I am sure you will find alot of friends and support here in WLS Land. I just got my approval last week and am scheduled for surgery on May 19th. I am so excited. If there is anything I can help you with let me know. Good luck.
lilacs
on 5/8/06 2:58 am - Marysville, WA
Cindy!! How exciting to just have made the decision to have the surgery!! That, to me, was to hardest step. Once I made up my mind - NOTHING could stop me! I think that a person, truly, isn't ready for this until they have hit rock bottom. Once you do, you are so grateful, thankful, and READY!! So...waiting to make the decision is a good thing! I started at 353 (5'7") and lost down to 145 (total 208 pounds). I have been maintaining for 2 months. I have never felt better, had more energy, been more content within my own skin - even tho there is alot EXTRA! - and would do it again in a heartbeat. You are going to find the strength to get through all the hoops and you'll be on your way in no time. Don't give up! Fight hard for what you want and deserve. Start getting into a routine of eating healthier right now, so you are at your optimum when you get a date. I am not just starting my journey, but we are ALL in the same boat, heading for the same destination!! Feel free to email me whenever you need a friend or some encouragement. Good luc****ep us posted!
Tina P.
on 5/8/06 5:00 am - Mill Creek, WA
Cindy, you have come to the right place! We are all your friends and don't hesitate to reach out. I was approved by my insurance about a month ago and my scheduled surgery date is May 24th! I know that first step into this decision is the hardest and you have over come that... although the rest of the way may bring you anxieties and worries, it will all work out in the end... trust me! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers... Good Luck!
luvnstuff1222
on 5/8/06 9:11 am - Lewiston, ID
Dear Cindy, I am in the same boat with you. I am waiting. I have been "morbidly obese" my whole life and tried every diet there is. I have been on this path for 5 years now. My problem is having insurance at all to do this with. I finally have been awarded disability March 23rd and from what I understand Medicare doesnt even need to be approved. So I am just waiting on all of that right now. I hear Dr. Heap is very good. I live in Spokane and was in Moses Lake with my dad for awhile. Anyway, my email is [email protected] if you want to email and talk. Good Luck with everything, DeeAnn
MollyRae
on 5/8/06 1:09 pm - Clarkston, WA
Hi Cindy, I am so glad that you are here. This is a great place for suport and research too! My best friends, sister-in-law and brother-in-law live in Othello. Are you going to Dr Heap. He was my doctor, as you may have guessed, I did not have insurance. But he has a great self pay rate. Please e-mail at [email protected] anytime about anything. Good luck Molly
kdietsch
on 5/8/06 1:44 pm - Everett, WA
Welcome Cindy! You have come to the right place. I am a "newcomer", was banded a month ago, and visit the site everyday! It helps to be in contact with others struggling on the same journey, and to hear from those WL vets, who have lost it all, and are living healthy happy lives! Good luck to you on your journey. Start making those healthy choices now, and NEVER GIVE UP! Kelly
auntlorlee
on 5/9/06 1:04 am - Bellingham, WA
Hi Cindy! Welcome to the WA board! You have definitely come to the right place for help and guidance! I will help any way I can. I try and post a daily exercise post for us to keep ourselves accountable. Please join us if you can. Every little bit helps. Take care and good luck getting the ball rolling! Lori
Most Active