I'm home, post-op and feeling...

darbach
on 5/2/06 2:32 am - Clinton, IA
GREAT!!! Although yesterday wasn't a good day but am feeling much better today! Had my lap rny on 4/25 and didn't get home until the 29th due to a bacteria bug in my colon... but other than that the surgery is a success! I entered the hospital at 239 and came out 236. Got on the scale this morning and am at 231!! It's going so quickly...LOL! I know, I know...it's just the start and it will slow down but I'm ok with that! I'm just happy to have the surgery done and hopefully my psuedo tumor cerebri will go away! It's a build up of fluid on the spine and puts pressure on your brain causing tremendous headaches. I have had 6 lp punctures in a year to help relieve the fluid and they are not fun! Anyway, just wanted to let all of you know that I am doing great!! I am getting ready to take the dogs for a walk and then rest for a bit before my next walk this afternoon. Hope all of you are doing well today also!! --darcy
auntlorlee
on 5/2/06 2:51 am - Bellingham, WA
That's good news Darcy! Congrats on becoming a loser!!! Keep us posted on your progress and don't forget to drink your water!!! Lori
hot-tamale
on 5/2/06 4:00 am - OCEAN PARK, WA
Way to go! remember one day at a time. Go slow and stay rested.... Molly
Beth C.
on 5/2/06 12:11 pm - Tacoma, WA
Darcy, Congrats on the surgery. Make sure you listen to your body and don't overdo it even when feeling good. Great weightloss, but it's good to keep in mind that things will/do slow down and you will have periods of time when you won't feel like you're losing weight (but the inches will still melt off). Definitely get your water and protein in everyday. I can't imagine having LP's several times per year...hope the weightloss does help you. Continued success and keep us posted. Beth
kdietsch
on 5/2/06 1:28 pm - Everett, WA
Congratulations Darcy! Take care of yourself, and Enjoy the journey to a "new outer you"! Hope the weight loss does take the pressure off your spine-- that sounds excruciating! Kelly
Most Active