I am fed up

DeeRoman
on 4/30/06 2:29 pm - Montesano, WA
I am so sick of trying to find a doctor that will except medicaid, here in WA and also in other states. I have already been put through hell with all the tests they want, but now there is no doctor that will even take it, except the long wait at UW. They say will be about two years, but what then will we be told that we cannot get it because of these buracratic idiots that desided to change their minds again about letting us have the surgery, or will they wait till people die from the complications that obesity causes. Yeah, they have all these shows on tv about how it is killing us and our kids but then they do nothing to help us. I would like to know why these so called doctors that care about us won't take medicaid, because they don't get as much pay from the state, well then live in a smaller house and don't expect so much for your services. I know alot of people needing help from the surgery and won't be able to get it and will die leaving their children for the state to take care of them because they won't help. In my case they would much rather pay for all my medications and supplies that I need or may need then letting me have the surgery and helping me get off medicaid and back into the work force. I am doing all I can here by trying to loose the weight by myself but having very little luck. I hope others read this and maybe we all could pull together to make them help us. Let me know what you think? I would really like to hear from others.
BarbS
on 5/4/06 6:10 am - Everett, WA
Hi Dee I know how you feel. I am on the waiting list for the UW. I have wanted to have this surgery for the last 8 years. I was working up until about a year and a half ago. I can no longer work due to my health issues. When I was working I had insurence but it did not cover obesity surgery. There are so many people like us that have no insurence, or have insurence but won't pay for obesity surgery. I know that I have to wait 2 years to have the surgery. It's a shame that this all boils down to money. They really don't care if we live or die. Just hang in there, and take it one day at a time. I know that's easier said then done. But time will past. Take care. Barb
Most Active