How Frustrating

wifeofabozohead
on 4/28/06 6:16 am - Burien, WA
I have been working on all the pre d stuff like a dog, getting everything done in a timely manner. I know my insurance covers the RNY and there will be no problem. However, they are denying my bills untill the approval is made. Ok fine, now I am told they are so back logged I won't even have my approval until May 22nd. Which not only puts my surgery out until maybe August (because of already known plans). But it also puts me in a stituation with the providers who are awaiting their monies. I should not have to be concidered 60 or even 30 days late on a bill because Anthem won't cover it until they approve the surgery. I really shouldn't have to pay for something until they approve it. On a good note, my surgeons office is calling them and letting them know they by law they have 30 days to respond and he sent the information on 4-7. I don't really know if that is going to get me anywhere, but it made me feel better they would try and fight it for me. In the mean time I continue on this low fat diet, wanting and wishing and dreaming for BBQ chips and Cottage Cheese. Thanks for letting me vent. I think it has helped. Suzy
Most Active