Vancouverites?

suncarekids
on 4/21/06 5:35 am - Vancouver, WA
I am looking for Vancouver chatters. I live in vancouver but am having surgery at OHSU.
suncarekids
on 4/21/06 7:52 am - Vancouver, WA
Hello, I have been spying on you annonymously for about a year now. I have been fighting insurance companies and doctors for the past 5 years. I got up to 710 pounds and am now down to 619. I just received an acceptance from Kaiser and a referral to OHSU for surgery. I go in monday to talk with the nurse and nutritionist. I hope to set a date in the next few months. I am attending the kaiser support group next saturday. So I am looking for insight, support and answers to questions. So I hope you will bestow me with all your wisdom. 1. What is the best process or product to work with excess skin without more surgery. 2. What is the best tasting liquid supplement so I don't waste money on bad stuff. 3. What do I need to prepare for my surgery before and after that the doctors and nurses don't tell you. Here is a little about me. My name is Michel I run a childcare in Vancouver, I have been married for 21 years and have two teenage daughters. I have three college degrees and teach adult education in the evenings and weekends. I train child care providers, assistants and teachers. I also own an indoor heated swim spa that is open to the public if anyone is in my neighborhood and need a private place to work out. Well that should be enough for now. Thanks Michel
lorisb
on 4/22/06 12:46 pm - Vancouver, WA
I think I live fairly close to you (I'm over by Minnehaha off of St. John's)! I had my surgery for lap band at Good Sam. To answer your questions: 1. I don't know -- I've not lost enough yet. 2. I don't use liquid supplements. Right after surgery I used High Protien Ensure - chocolate and berry. 3. I wish the doctors would let their patients know about the wide range of emotions. I got depressed after surgery and I really don't have a tendancy to be depressed. My poor husband! Once those hormones start going -- watch out! I've been angry for no reason, sad, and even overly clingy. It could have been that I researched the surgery fairly well or it could have been that it was well-explained to me but I didn't really have too much of an issue. The questions come later for me (gee, now I have a cold, what do I do... kinda questions). Oh, since my procedure was done laproscopically, I did have problems with gas pains about three days out from surgery and Gas-X became my best friend. Lori
BMitchem
on 4/21/06 10:32 pm - Brush Prairie, WA
Hi Michel, I live outside of Vancouver. I chose to have my surgery in Brazil. I had it on 4/18/06 and am now recuperating at my in-laws in Brazil. What procedure are you going to have performed? Have you met the surgeon? I know Dr. O'Rourke at OHSU is good. I'll be glad to keep you informed of my experiences. So far, post op has been OK. I'm not hungry, but I'm very tired. I have some pain from the gas used during surgery. I get the drain removed on Monday. That will make me happy. All in all, I feel pretty good. Let me know if you have any other questions I can answer. Betsy
classite
on 4/24/06 12:46 am - Battle Ground, WA
Just outside of Vancouver in Battle Ground here and a new post-op but wanted to say hi!! There is a support grounp meeting at Legacy Salmon Creek on the 25th open to all, you may want to attend.
Holly M.
on 4/25/06 6:16 am
Hi Michel, I have not had surgery yet either. I am also having my procedure at OHSU. I have had really good experiences there so far. I really like the staff. They are much better than the last place I went to. I should be having surgery in June or July. What daycare do you run. I am interested in getting my son in a new program for the summer. ~Holly
tulipberry999
on 4/25/06 7:40 am - Vancouver, WA
Hello there! I'm in Vancouver (SE), and we are starting up a new meeting tonight at Legacy Salmon Creek at 7pm. It's a post-op focus meeting, however you might be able to get some of your questions answered. Indoor pool huh? I'd love to learn more about that. Do you do swim lessons or anything like that? My toddler is just about at that age that we want to introduce her to swimming! Anyways - my main goal is to build strong and educated WLS community out here. Hopefully this meeting will be a good start! Cheers! Kimberly
Most Active