Steven's Pass info

Luna_Rose
on 4/16/06 5:22 am - Wenatchee, WA
Hey Y'all!! I am meeting tomorrow with Dr. Lauter in Bellevue. I have met with him once before, but it was over a year ago, thank God they remember me! I am wondering if anyone can tell me how the passes have been, particularly Steven's Pass. I have been checking the weather camera at the summit of the pass, but would like some first-hand information. I am also needing prayers and good thoughts for our journey over the pass and my appointment. I am hoping for a date...am I too optimistic? Thanks Y'all!!! Cindy in Wenatchee
Luna_Rose
on 4/16/06 7:00 am - Wenatchee, WA
Never mind. I have changed my mind about meeting with Dr. Lauter tomorrow. I have been doing some reading and reviewing and decided that a 2-year wait is not something I am willing to do. I am going to have to find another surgeon who accepts Medicare/Medicaid and will work with me. Also, the support I thought I had isn't as real as I had hoped. My only concern is how will I lose the 30 pounds most bariatric surgeons require? I have been prescribed new meds for my ADHD that contain appetite suppressing agents, but I don't think I will be able to lose what they need. I will continue researching and pursuing this for myself...hopefully with favorable results. Thanks Y'all for being so supportive! Cindy in Wenatchee
(deactivated member)
on 4/16/06 9:18 am - Spokane, WA
Dr. Bright and Dr. Rawlins here in Spokane are about 2 months or so away from getting that "center of excellence" certification so that they can take Medicare/Medicaid patients again. They don't have any weight loss requirements that I know of... You have a consult, then a psych eval, galbladder ultrasound, EKG, chest x-ray, and bloodwork and usually that is it (in most cases). Seriously, look into these two surgeons. They are great. I know it might be a bit of a drive, but at least you don't have to go through the pass!
kdietsch
on 4/16/06 1:31 pm - Everett, WA
Hi Cindy, Happy Easter. Two years is a long time to wait once you've made the decision and gotten the funding (insurance) Dr. Billings here in Edmonds at Stephens Hospital is also reputable. But I don't know how long his waiting list is, or what the requirements are. Have you looked into getting the LAP BAND? If you haven't you might want to. The risk factor is much lower, and the results have the potential to be longer lasting. I just had mine done two weeks ago, and am VERY HAPPY with it so far. (I would be willing to share some info with you) With the band you don't have the huge weight loss up front, but it is steady, and the band is adjustable, and even removeable if health needs dictate that. Anyway, since you are in a holding pattern for now, drop that idea into your research bank! I wish you luck. Kelly
Most Active