April 15 Excercise Post - Lori Thanks!

psgraham29
on 4/15/06 5:13 pm - Seattle, WA
I thought I'd tag onto Lori's post for today (actually, it is now yesterday), but she hasn't posted yet. Lori, you are settling a great example for us. I've decided to join you in excercising and posting. But, I'm just starting out -- so the level of excercise isn't really high. Today I left my house and jogged and walked for a mile and a quarter. Half the time walking and half jogging. My legs were sore when I was done. -Pam
kdietsch
on 4/16/06 1:40 pm - Everett, WA
Great Job Pam! Lori is an inspiration! It is so helpful to have someone to "report back to" when exercising. Since I don't have an exercise buddy, I have been using this forum! We can all help each other out. I got out yesterday just before the rain started. I am not up to jogging yet (I need to lose quite a bit before I try that) but I am able to walk. Before my surgery I was up to 5.5 on the weekends. Yesterday I managed 3. I just got a new pair of walking shoes. I have walked so much since September I had worn holes in them! Yesterday when I got back and took my shoes off I noticed my toes were damp... Went right out and bought a new pair. But they are tight, and rubbing my toes. So it will take a bit to break them in. I am looking forward to my duck feet shrinking! (But that is a few miles down the road!) Have a great week, and don't forget to stretch out after walking. If the muscles are still sore try eating a banana! Potasium helps a lot. Keep on moving Kelly
auntlorlee
on 4/17/06 3:08 am - Bellingham, WA
THANKS PAM!!! Sorry I was AWOL that last few days! I took vacation from work and didn't even go near the computer! I appreciate you carrying on for me! Lori
Most Active