DSHS Questions

jenniferl
on 4/15/06 5:27 am - Shoreline, WA
I know washington dsha covers surgery but i am tying to find the criteria they use. I have tried calling and they told me they only release that to the sugereon. I had picked out DR Lauter in Kirkland 2 years ago and didnt feel like i got a lot of help with the insurance part of it. I would like to be more proactive this time and better informed. Thanks for any information you have.
Luna_Rose
on 4/16/06 5:18 am - Wenatchee, WA
Hi Jen- Do you receive Medicare/Medicaid? If so, here is the link I was given for the requirement information. I hope it helps!! Let me know if you need something more, maybe we can brainstorm and find it together. By the way-are you still going to use Dr. Lauter for your surgery? I have an appointment with him tomorrow, and I am hoping that this time I will be getting a date!! http://www.noridianmedicare.com/provider/pubs/med_b/policy/final/11state/b2003_34r5.html Good Luck!! Cindy in Wenatchee
jenniferl
on 4/18/06 3:55 am - Shoreline, WA
Well i just called DR Lauter and found out they no longer take DSHS I saw him two years ago and wasnt really ready for it..now it looks like i have to go to the uw and i think the waitlist is 1-2 years...oh well just a minor set back. Thanks for your information
BarbS
on 4/16/06 7:53 am - Everett, WA
Hi Jen I am on the waiting list for the UW. I hear it is a 2 year wait, but I figure I'm not going anywhere. Here is some more info for you to look at. type in WAC 388-531-1600: bariatric surgery. This will give you the information on the criteria the state uses. There are 3 stages to go through before you can have the surgery. This will explain it also. if you need more help either post, or email me and I will try to answer your questions. I found a lot of my information by posting questions. I've also have looked through all the old posts with questions concerning medicade. Good luck Jen. Barb
Most Active