Hello From Camano:

Camano-Tina
on 4/8/06 9:17 am - Camano Island, WA
Hi All You Regular Posters I read, but haven't posted much. Glad to see you have everyone moving, Lorlee. I have found I need to move more because I am older. I have been walking the treadmill 3 miles/day and swimming for an hour. Last week, I had a problem with my sciatic nerve and not wanting to be laid up for a couple of weeks, I thought I would be smart and use the heating pad. Well, it worked for the pain----I was up and moving the next day, But, I got a huge blister on my butt (2nd degree burn). Never knew a heating pad could burn that bad. I have been treating with Neosporin and gauze, but it is still there and I can feel it. On Wednesday I thought I would be smart and wear different shoes---WRONG!! They slipped and slid into blisters on the bottom of my foot. Thursday was my 6 month checkup with Dr. Weber. He was very pleased with my progress. On his scale I have lost 76# on my scale, I have lost 86#. Either way, I am very happy to have had this surgery, and I highly recommend Dr. Weber. He now has a website. I recommend it to anyone considering WLS. It is Http://www.overcomingobesity.net He does several different surgeries now, including Lap. Hope to hear from some of you. I sure appreciate reading your posts. Love, Santina
kdietsch
on 4/8/06 10:33 pm - Everett, WA
Hi Santina, I am new here! I got banded a week ago tomorrow! I was self-pay down in TJ (hey that rhymes!) A cost I consider well worth it. I exercise almost every morning by walking my dog. Before surgery it was between 2 and 5 miles. I am now doing 2 miles again, and hope to be back up to the longer distances soon. Your blisters sound painful! I need new shoes but am afraid to get any-- don't want to have to break them in! But the old ones almost have the tread worn off them! Have a great day. Kelly.
Anna T.
on 4/10/06 3:16 am - Marysville, WA
Hey Santina!! It's great to hear from you- we missed you at our last meeting. I'm down about 97 pounds now and would you believe it one of those pairs of pants I grabbed in January from our first meeting was a size 20 and they FIT!!! Hope to see you soon. Anna 388/291/150 Goal
Camano-Tina
on 4/10/06 4:52 am - Camano Island, WA
Hi Anna: Sorry I couldn't make it this month. We had tickets to Seattle Childrens Theater with our grandkids. I was there last month, but you were gone. Sounds like you are doing great! I also have been able to fit into some of those clothes. Feels great, doesn't it? I can now wear an 18 on top and 20/22 on the bottom. We are leaving for France on April 24 and won't be bac****il May 9th. So I won't be at next months meeting either. Sorry, but hope to see you in June. Keep up the good work ! We'll see each other pounds thinner! Love, Santina
auntlorlee
on 4/10/06 5:20 am - Bellingham, WA
Hey Anna! Wow look at you go! You are doing AWESOME! Good job! I am planning on making the meetings down there eventually! I just have such a busy schedule that I have to really plan for it! I want to meet you all in person! Lori
auntlorlee
on 4/10/06 3:58 am - Bellingham, WA
Hi ya Santina! Glad to hear from you again! Great job on the exercising! And the weightloss! Whoo Hoo! Wow, I didn't know you could get a blister from a heating pad either! Ouchie! Take care of yourself sweetie! Lori
Camano-Tina
on 4/10/06 5:01 am - Camano Island, WA
Hi Lori: Thanks for your response. I have not been able to exercise for two days now---between blisters on feet and burn on butt, and feel terrible. But the doctor said the swimming would keep the wound from healing. I will use my exercise bike however. Thanks for all the encouragement to keep us moving. I know that is what has really helped me. We are getting ready to take a trip to France on the 24th of April, and I want all my wounds to be healed..before then. Love Santina 306/220/150
Janna B.
on 4/11/06 2:15 pm - Silverdale, WA
Santina, you look absolutely wonderful. I saw you at Dr. Weber's informational meeting but you probably don't remember me. Everyone is doing so well! I am very proud of everyone on this Washington board. Keep up the great work! Take Care, Janna
Camano-Tina
on 4/12/06 8:08 am - Camano Island, WA
Thanks for your kind words, Janna: God bless you also. Have you checked out Dr. Weber's new website? overcomingobesity.net Love, Santina
Most Active