1 down, 3 to go....

darbach
on 4/3/06 3:18 am - Clinton, IA
Hello all!! Well, I am for the 1st time in 5yrs below 250lbs!! I have weighed in this morning and am at 247.5!!! 1 week on the milk diet and 3 to go before surgery.!!!! I'm so excited! I'm doing good on the milk diet. I have found that my hunger pains have decreased but I have noticed that I do have the shakes more. My fluids are increasing as I have found that i can have chicken broth for a meal along with my milk!! WOO HOO! I buy the canned broth and it's 100% fat free with only 600 mg of sodium per can and I only have 1/2 a can for a meal. I searched the store up and down and this was the best out there. I don't remember the name now but will get it today at lunch as I'm going to buy more today for work. Hope you all are having a wonderful day as well!!! Hang in there!! --darcy
auntlorlee
on 4/3/06 4:27 am - Bellingham, WA
Great Job Darcy! Keep up the good work!!!! Lori
MollyRae
on 4/3/06 12:42 pm - Clarkston, WA
Great, Congratulations on working so hard and getting below 250, that is an accomplishment to be proud of. Keep up the good work! Molly
darbach
on 4/5/06 4:07 am - Clinton, IA
Thank you for the encouragement!! I'm so excited that my surgery is now only 20 days away!! I'm very antsy to.....just want to all day long!! LOL Hope everyone is having a swell day!! --darcy
Woodland
on 4/5/06 5:57 am - Vancouver, WA
Good job, Darcy! I have read your profile and know that you are a patient of Dr. Cagle. I had surgery 3/28/06 with her and was so glad that I had lost 28 pounds before surgery with the help of the "milk diet." It really does prepare you for the liquid diet that follows, and makes your liver smaller and your belly softer, all factors in a successful surgery. Besides, it's been fun for me in this first week after surgery when I'm off work to already be reaping the benefits of a substantial weight loss. I'll be following your progress, and my thoughts will be with you.
Most Active