Medicare

elc1978
on 4/1/06 12:18 am - Clarkston, WA
Hello everybody. I am currently waiting on having my gastric bypass surgery done. I was suppose to go to Seattle on April 12th to have my upper GI, ultrasound, social work consult, and nutritional consult, but had a call from the University saying they couldnt see me for a while because they had to go through an accreditatio for Medicare which could take up to six months. I was wondering if anybody else has had this problem or if they know who might take Medicare besides the University of Washington Medical Center. Thank you. Lance Chambers
lilacs
on 4/3/06 1:57 am - Marysville, WA
Hi Lance - Not sure of which hospital takes Medicare - a friend is having the same problem. Dr. Lauter is covered by Medicare, but finding a hospital is another thing. We, in our support group, are praying and hoping for a break for our friend and if I hear anything more, I'll let you know. Just don't give up!!! We are not forgetting about you, just don't have the info yet!! Good luck Linda -208
bpvierra
on 4/8/06 8:21 am - Yakima, WA
Sorry it took me so long to respond, I guess I just missed your message, but I also am medicare and I was scheduled for my surgery on 3/10 at Virginia Mason and it was cancelled for the same reason. Currently there is only one hospital in Wa. State with the center of excellence creditation and that is St. Francis in Federal Way and their bariatric surgeons do not take medicare patients. I am looking to have my surgery in California in MAy...I just was so disappointed that I did not want to just sit here and wait for who knows how long. Good luck to you and do not give up your commitment to this surgery.
whiteroses35
on 4/8/06 1:45 pm - walla walla, wa
hi I am kinda slow in replying...but hope i can help...I had my surgery at OHSU..that is the hospital in portland...they take medicare..i had doc mcconnel i think his name was..he is kewl!!! I dunno how far away u guys are all...but it might be a good thing to call em instead of going to CA....I did a web search on OHSU in portland i think to get the numbers... http://www.ohsuhealth.com/doctors/profile.cfm?doctorid=A04B7B4F-CC57-B050-F4DACB1ACBBFB83B I sure hope that links comes thru!!! But i am not sure how long the list is or nuttin now..i had my surgery back in 2001 i think...feel soo bad i can't rmeember...but i do remember he said if i weigh 170 two years after the surgery he would consider it a success..well i weight 135 5 years after...so i guess i am doing good!!! Hope this helps someone.....here is one last link i found..might be able to talk to someone who has had him do surgery..i mean besides me... http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/bariatric+surgeon+profile+Donald+McConnell+lq.html hmm i think that is this site link sorry... hugs ME
Most Active