Just wanted to check out the WA board

Heather19
on 3/31/06 6:23 am - Temple City , CA
Hello everyone, Yes my information is correct, I live in California. I wanted to check out your board because I might be moving to Washington. I am going to Washington April 15-19 for a job fair that is taking place at the Tacoma Dome. If I am offered a job, my husband and I are considering moving. My uncle lives in Kent and loves it!! I have visited and didn't want to come home, lol. I am an elementary school teacher and have not been able to find a job here so I am looking in other states. I just thought I would share some information with you all. By the way, this picture is a really bad one and I need to update it! Hope you are all well! Heather
classite
on 3/31/06 7:22 am - Battle Ground, WA
Hello and welcome. I am in Battle Ground - close to Vancouver and Portland. Good luck with your job search.
auntlorlee
on 3/31/06 7:30 am - Bellingham, WA
Hey Heather! I work for a school district here in Washington and can email you some websites to look for jobs! Let me know if you want them, k? Oh yeah, and WELCOME to the WA Board! Lori
Heather19
on 4/4/06 10:29 am - Temple City , CA
Thank you so much Lori! I am so excited to go to Washington....I will be there a week from Saturday!! I have looked into WAteach but that is all I know for now. If you have any others or can recommend good districts to work for that would be great. If I move out there I am looking to live near Kent since that is where my uncle is. Thanks again Heather
Mari J
on 3/31/06 2:50 pm - Kent, WA
Hi Heather, Welcome to WA. If you need anything when you visit, let me know. Tacoma is not far away. I live in Kent and I teach in Federal Way School District. Unfortunately, we have budget cuts of $4 mil. and will be laying off staff. If you have a special ed. endorsement, you can always get a job, however. FW and Kent are great districts to work for. Good luck at the job fair! Mari
Heather19
on 4/4/06 10:31 am - Temple City , CA
My uncle lives in Kent so you are in the right place That is exactly the area I am looking into. Thanks for your well wishes!! Heather
kdietsch
on 4/1/06 1:14 pm - Everett, WA
Hi Heather, Everett is also a great district to work for. We are a bit north of Seattle, but not "country". Washington is an awesome place to live. I grew up here, left for 20 years and came back to raise my daughter here. Good Luck at the Tacoma Dome, I remember going to that Teachers Job Fair 8 years ago! Kelly
lilacs
on 4/3/06 1:52 am - Marysville, WA
Heather - You would really like it here, I think. Good luck in finding a job and relocating if that is in your future. And I think the pic is cute!! Linda -208
(deactivated member)
on 4/3/06 6:01 am - Kennewick, WA
Hi Heather, good luck with the job search!! I'm not sure if your gonna love the weather after having lived in California (I lived there for 3 years and really miss the Cali heat!!). The summers here are absolutely beautiful though, but the winters can get to you, as well as the rain ... it rains ALOT! But I guess it's a trade-off for how beautiful this area is ... M.
Heather19
on 4/4/06 10:34 am - Temple City , CA
Hi Marlize, Thanks for your well wishes with my job search. I love the type of weather you have...I am so sick of the heat and sun. I can't stand when the weather people say "we are having another beautiful day it will be 80" to me that is not beautiful. If everything works out, I will see if I can handle all the rain....I know it is different when you actually live in WA and not just visit. Take care and thanks again Heather
Most Active