DSHS, Medicaid? HELP!

rosenana804
on 3/31/06 4:17 am - Blaine, WA
Was just looking thru the other post, and it seems to me, that if a person has DSHS/Medicaid for insurance we are out of luck???? Is there any hope or should I just give up?
auntlorlee
on 3/31/06 5:28 am - Bellingham, WA
Hey Patricia! I work in Blaine! Small world! I don't have any answers to your question but wanted you to know that I am here if you have any other questions! I think the problem people are having is finding a surgeon who takes it. I hope someone on here can shed some light on this for you. Good luck! Lori
elc1978
on 3/31/06 11:42 pm - Clarkston, WA
My girlfriend is also on Medicaid and the only place in the state that takes it is the University of Washington Medical Center in Seattle. Its a longer process as you must first lose five percent of your weight in six months then maintain that weight loss for one year with regularly seeing a doctor and a dietician. If you have any questions call Lynn at the University and she can explain more to you.
DeeRoman
on 4/1/06 2:40 am - Montesano, WA
Hi, Patricia I am also on Medicaid and I just recently was put on the waiting list for the UW, but I am still looking to find another doctor that might by some chance take my Medicaid and do the surgery. The list for the UW is about 2 yrs long and I have not been told to do anything but wait. I even asked when they called to tell me that I was put on the list if there was anything I could do and they said no, just wait. I hope this helps, and I know that it is disheartening because I have been trying for over 4 yrs to get this surgery done, this is the first time on the list though.
rosenana804
on 4/1/06 4:02 am - Blaine, WA
Thanks all, guess I can do is wait! grrrrrrr, if ya hear of any good news, please post it! I saw where Dr Thirlby and Moonka from Virginia Mason had taken mediciad pts. Anyone check with them? Are they any good? thanks again ya'll
Luna_Rose
on 4/5/06 9:15 am - Wenatchee, WA
I am not at all sure about certain doctors handle Medicare/Medicaid, but I have a consultation scheduled with Dr. Lauter in Bellevue for the 17th of this month. I am hoping to high heaven that we can set a date!!!!!!! I will keep you informed as to what I find out and how it goes with him. I am hoping that because he and I have already met and he is aware of my situation with the insurance that he knows I will not be able to pay anything up front, and if I end up paying anything at all, it will have to be in small monthly payments. My only concern about Dr. Lauter is that I have 'heard' that he performs GB surgeries at Overlake and they do not accept Medicare/Medicaid. I will keep everyone APPRISED of the situation...tee hee. My word of the day! Take care! Cindy in Wenatchee
rosenana804
on 4/5/06 1:34 pm - Blaine, WA
Thank you sooo much Cindy, will say a prayer for you for all things to go well! I know it's going to take a miracle for us to get what we need. But I believe in miracles! Patty
whiteroses35
on 4/8/06 2:07 pm - walla walla, wa
hi i replied on this to another post ..but i have medicare/medicaid and the university of oregon health and science..i think that is backwards ...but that hospital on the hill!!! Does or used to take that insurance..i had doc mcconnell do my surgery he was very good...might wanna call em and see what they got to say and see how long the list is there..when i had mine done..back in 2001 i think it was...i got in really alot faster than i thought i would...so good luck to you and will keep you all in prayers to move the list faster!! Hugs
Most Active