Upcoming surgeries!

darbach
on 3/31/06 4:30 am - Clinton, IA
Thanks Lori!! 1 week gone on my milk diet and 3 to go!! Not very hungry yet but I have been chewing ALOT of SF gum!! Wishing everyone well!!! --darcy
auntlorlee
on 3/31/06 5:26 am - Bellingham, WA
You're welcome Darcy! I have to ask, what is the "milk diet"?? Lori
darbach
on 4/1/06 1:34 am - Clinton, IA
The milk diet is something that Dr Cagle has her patients on before surgery. You drink a glass of skim milk for breakfast, lunch and dinner and one before bed is permitted. You also only drink very low-cal or no-cal liquids. Most patients have to be on it for 4 wks before surgery. NO FOOD!! That is the big thing because if you nibble here or there then you will never be able to curb that appetite suppresent. The skim milk will also help reduce the fat around the liver. I know that every doc is different but she has found that by doing this the big picture is the reduced liver! Since I'm having Lap RNY, they will be going directly under my liver to do the work. I have lost 10lbs in a week as well so that's a plus also!!! Take Care all!!
Geminidream
on 4/1/06 6:41 am - Spokane, WA
Lori, no surgery date for me yet. The next time I see Dr. Rawlins (in 17 days! yes!!!) I hope he has enough data to make a decision to apply for insurance approval. If he wants me to wait longer I will try hard not to be a crybaby. I've waited five years, I can wait a few more months of course. Hopefully he won't flat-out deny me. I'm so happy for everybody here who has a surgery date, and especially Karli because I work with her. Can't wait to hear great progress reports from her. Molly
Most Active