Nervous and scared!!!!

Luna_Rose
on 3/28/06 1:59 am - Wenatchee, WA
I see Dr. Lauter on the 17th of April. I am nervous already. I am afraid he will be unable to work with my insurance, or he will flat out turn me down because after the first time I met with him, I was scared off by the $7,000 down he was asking for. I see he is in a new location, but I am wondering if he ONLY does surgery at Overlake, as I have heard they do not accept Medicare/Medicaid. I am so afraid that I will have to spend the rest of my life as a 5'8" 296.2 pound miserable mass of flesh. Jr is sooo compassionate about this. He is way supportive about the surgery-more excited and gung-ho than I am sometimes. Am I asking too much that he give me a surgery date when I see him? I have been seeing a nutritionist and my PCP regularly...well, not REAL regular, but I have been keeping a food journal since Feb. 1st. My PCP is very supportive. He is wonderful with me and has never once picked on me or made me feel uncomfortable. Everyone I have seen, with the exception of my endo, is supportive of me having the surgery. Then again, she admitted she has never had to struggle with her own weight. Okay...I'm long-winded today, but thanks for 'listening'. If y'all have any suggestions on how I can find out more information, PLEASE share!! Cindy in Wenatchee
auntlorlee
on 3/28/06 2:10 am - Bellingham, WA
Hey Cindy! I don't know anything about Dr. Lauter but I just wanted to wish you luck. I know you have been fighting this for a long time. Hopefully they can work with you on this and get you scheduled. I am sending good thoughts and best wishes your way sweetie! Lori
MollyRae
on 3/28/06 7:52 am - Clarkston, WA
I am sending good thoughts your way as well. I know times like these can be hard to wait through, but I am hoping for the best for you. Molly
(deactivated member)
on 3/28/06 12:14 pm - Kennewick, WA
Cindy ... I didn't have my surgery with Dr. Lauter, but I heard he is an excellent surgeon and I'm referred to him for "just in case" checkup after my surgeon retired. I'm sure they will try their best to get you approved, but honestly, if my insurance didn't cover my surgery (which they did thankfully) I would have probably gotten a loan because nothing, and I mean nothing compares to how great and confident I feel after having this surgery!!! My PCP was supportive in the end, but I really did have to convince her to write my support letter to the insurance company. Right now she is really impressed with my weightloss and compliments me every time she sees me (I even think I'm her first WLS patient). I think she now realizes how much I needed this surgery and how much healthier I am now!! Thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed that all works out well for you!! M.
elc1978
on 3/31/06 11:51 pm - Clarkston, WA
Hi there. I am currently waiting on having the gastric bypass surgery and I have medicare/medicaid and the only place I have found to take it is the University of Washington Medical Center, but right now they are having some problems with Medicare. If you find anybody else that takes Medicare/Medicaid please let me know. Thank you and good luck.
Luna_Rose
on 4/5/06 9:02 am - Wenatchee, WA
I will most definitely keep you in the loop. Everyone here has helped me so much whether they know it or not, and it would be the least I could do to share my experience and hope it helps even one person!! Take care!!! Cindy in Wenatchee
Most Active