Waiting on Tricare's approval!

LisaAnn
on 3/21/06 2:20 am - WA
Time is going so slowwwwww. I am waiting on tricare to approve my surgery. My surgeon submitted it on Friday and yesterday I called tricare (I know, wishful thinking, huh??!!) they had nothing yet, so I just wait. I am so tempted to call today to see, but I don't want to be a pest. Dr. Weber is confident I will be having my surgery at the end of this month or the first few days of April. I am ready today!!! I am so ready! Anyone with Tricare, how long did your approval take?????? I am so excited! Lisa
Lambchop
on 3/21/06 3:17 am - Fairchild AFB, WA
My approval from tricare took 3 business days. They submitted on a Thursday and I was approved and had a surgery date by the following Tuesday.
(deactivated member)
on 3/24/06 10:41 am - Spokane, WA
TriWest took 6 days. They said they were going to submit when I went in for a visit on the 1st, but I don't know if they actually submitted that day. On the 6th, my doctor said I was approved and gave me my date.
Robin1957
on 3/29/06 1:02 am - San Antonio, TX
I had my gastric bypass surgery done in a military facility so there was no wait at all for approval. As for tummy tuck approval thru Tricare - that took a couple weeks, tops. From everyone I know who has used Tricare for anything, they are pretty speedy to get back to you. It shouldnt be much longer now. By the way, I was approved for the tt by Tricare but I did not feel comfortable with the surgeon they sent me to so I ended up going to a different surgeon - who did not accept Tricare. That translates into - I paid out of pocket for the tt even tho I could have had it for 'free'. The cost of the surgery was a small price to pay for peace of mind. Always go with your 'gut' I say! Good luck! Robin, OH Support Group Leader
Most Active