I was just diagnosed with Diabetes and

Sandra W.
on 3/20/06 6:03 am - Fort Lewis, WA
my PCM/PCP told me that I should make an Appt. with my Dentist because Diabetes can effect the teeth, unfortunately I am still looking for a good Dentist in the Tacoma/Lakewood/Olympia area. Does somebody on this board know a good Dentist that is not just very friendly, but funny and very understanding, incl. staff (it would be great if he/she would take TRICARE insurance)? I know this has nothing to do with WLS but I need to get this taken care off before my Doctor will start the WLS proceedings. Thank you so much for your time and good luck on your WLS! Sandy
auntlorlee
on 3/20/06 6:13 am - Bellingham, WA
Good Luck Sandy! Sorry about your diagnosis... but it will help you get approved for surgery faster! I really hope that came out right... I just mean that diabetes is a serious comorbidity and it will help in your approval. Lori
Jazwog
on 3/23/06 6:03 am - Medical Lake, WA
Sandy I am sorry you have diabetes but there is HOPE!!! I have had diabetes for 10 years + !! In Sept I had my surgery before I had it my blood sugars were up in the 500's!!! I was on 3 pills and 2 insulin shots a day and they were still up that high, thats what made my decision to have this surgery. Since my surgery I have not had any medicine or insulin shots!!! MY last checkup my sugars were 104!!! WHOHOOO!!! Isn't that awesome??? So I am sooo thankful to God that I had this surgery and it was the best thing I could of done it saved my life!! I don't know anything about the dentist but I did want to let you know about the diabetes!! GOOD LUCK!!
Most Active