Surgery and Depression Medication

wifeofabozohead
on 3/20/06 4:53 am - Burien, WA
Hi, I am new and in the process of getting a surgery date. I have passed all my phys evaluations, but now I am in a depression and wanting some medication help. Will this or could this post pone my surgery if I get medication for the depression?
findinglisa
on 3/20/06 9:12 am - Bothell, WA
It shouldn't. Depression is actually considered a co-morbidity of morbid obesity. Get help. I really wish I got help for my depression long before I did. I didn't want to appear weak for the same reason as you. I finally swallowed my pride and talked to my doctor about four months ago. I'm taking Effexor, and for now I have my life back. L.
classite
on 3/20/06 11:54 am - Battle Ground, WA
I am pre-op, surgery date 4/14/06 and am on Effexor XR. It in no way had any affect on getting insurance approval or having the surgery. Good luck!
darbach
on 3/27/06 11:53 pm - Clinton, IA
Hi, I had been on Zoloft for the past couple of years and then took myself off right before my phys eval. My doc actually recommended to get back on and stay on till the surgery is over (I was actually disapproved the 1st time because it was in his recommendation to the ins. Had to show that I filled a new prescription and have my paperwork resubmitted for approval!!) He said that most folks who suffer from any type of depression is more likely to go into a deeper depression after the surgery as we will have so many more emotions to battle with...ie...did I do the right thing? what am I going to do now? am I still sexy? Anyway...hang in there and do talk to your doctor about the best thing for you!! I'm very happy that I went back on them and I do feel better that I am taking them!! One day I will be completly off of them and will feel so much better about myself. Surgery date: 4-25-06 Take Care-- darcy
Most Active