I am a newbie

mamachief
on 3/17/06 5:20 pm - WA
Hello I am a newbie that can not afford the out of pocket expense of surgery so for now I am trying (yet again) diet and exercise. My employer changed insurance and I do not believe it will cover but I am doing research all the same. I am 38 5' 2" and at the heaviest I have ever been 298 lbs, I do not have diabetes yet but do suffer from neuropathy in my legs so getting up and movin has been a real down fall for me. Has anyone suffered from neuropathy without diabetes?
(deactivated member)
on 3/18/06 2:21 am - Spokane, WA
I've got it in my hands without diabetes. That's been part of my wake-up call to get the surgery. Good luck with the new insurance.
MollyRae
on 3/19/06 5:02 am - Clarkston, WA
Hi there Stephanie, It is very nice to meet you here. It looks like we are from the same part of the state. I don't have neuropathy, so I can't help you there, but I am glad that you are trying to make a difference in your life regardless. I hope that things go your way, and remember that everyone here is on your side. Glad to have you here. Molly
auntlorlee
on 3/20/06 1:49 am - Bellingham, WA
Hi Stephanie! Welcome to the board! I hope you find out that your insurance DOES cover this lifesaving surgery. Call and check with them directly. And be persistant! What insurance company is it? Keep posting! We are all in this together and I will help anyway I can! I am sure we ALL will! Happy Spring! Lori
psgraham29
on 3/22/06 11:51 am - Seattle, WA
Congratulations for keeping on trying with the non-surgical weight loss. Do continue doing research on the WLS. I ended up going to Mexico for my RNY surgery last July. It was still out of pocket, to the tune of $14,000. There are cheaper surgeons in Mexico than the one I went to. Going there results in a surgery cost about half of the cost of a US surgeon doing it. If you are interested, visit the "South of the Border" forum to learn more. -Pam
Most Active