HAS ANYONE HAD THIS BEFORE

Leah G.
on 3/17/06 3:44 am - Puyallup, WA
I am not a newbie, I had surgery 4 years ago, but ended up in the emergency room last night.. I ate some string cheese, 4 pieces, (too much), and I started getting a pain in my upper stomach(pouch), like breastbone area, then it started shooting straight back, through to my back. I was doubled over, couldn't sit, stand, lie down, just moan from pain. The emergency, took hours to even see my, by then, the pain went away.. They said maybe gal bladder? Does anyone know, or did my food just get stuck or something, never had this before.. Thanks!
auntlorlee
on 3/17/06 7:53 am - Bellingham, WA
Definitely GALLBLADDER! If you still have yours, that is exactly what it is. You will probably have to have it removed. You need an ultrasound for them to be sure. I remember my gallbladder attacks.... They come on quickly and go away just as quick. Good luck! Lori
classite
on 3/18/06 12:23 pm - Battle Ground, WA
Sounds exactly like the symptoms I had in November and had to have my gallbladder removed. Did they bother doing an ultrasound??
DeeRoman
on 3/22/06 4:58 am - Montesano, WA
I have not had the surgery yet, in fact still waiting on waiting list for UW, but 18 yrs ago I had those same simptoms, but only I was pregnant at the time and they thought it was my back, but when they did the Ultrasound they found it was my gallbladder. I had it removed a month after my son was born and have not had those problems since.
psgraham29
on 3/22/06 11:54 am - Seattle, WA
I know that pain. I agree with the others. Gallbladder. I'm glad mine is now gone. -Pam
Most Active