Insurance

carlycro54
on 3/13/06 9:22 am - WA
Looking for help in finding a health insurance company that will cover the Lap Band procedure. My present insurance company is through my work and they have a excusion they will not cover any obesity treatment of any kind. I talked to my employer and they are not very willing to help me either. I can't afford to cover the cost on my own, and I have had alot of medical expenses in the past and Iam having a hard time finding a loan to cover the expense. If anyone has any ideas or suggesting on how to cover the expense or a insurance company that I can get that will cover this surgery please let me know. I am 5'1" and I weigh 248 lbs and my BMI is 48, I am 53 years old.
psgraham29
on 3/14/06 3:19 pm - Seattle, WA
I went to Mexico for the surgery. I was a self pay, and Mexico was less than half the cost that the US has. Not an ideal solution, but it worked well for me. -Pam
Janis
on 3/15/06 6:03 am - Cashmere, WA
Carla, I am afraid I cannot offer any specific info regarding insurance however it occurred to me to offer the possibility of entertaining the idea of changing employers to one who offers insurance that will cover the surgery. I conduct a local support group for the Wenatchee area. We would love to offer any kind of support you may need while you work through the process of getting your surgery covered. Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] if you would like more information about the group. We have a couple of lapbanders as members and several of our members are E Wenatchee residents, I can put you in touch with some of them if you would like. Janis
Most Active