Susan J. Komen 3 Day in Seattle

kdietsch
on 3/10/06 4:46 pm - Everett, WA
Hi, I have been considering doing the Susan J. Komen 3 day, 60 mile walk in Seattle on August 25-27, and was wondering if anyone would be interested in joining me? I know it is ambitious, but I believe it would be an awesome experience. I've done a few long distance marches-- but they were years ago when I was in the Army. Let me know? Maybe we can get a group together?! Kelly
Mcfatpants
on 3/12/06 12:28 am - bellevue, WA
OMG!! I just sent in for some information on this! I would LOVE to do this with you and the sooner we get started training, the better chance of getting to goal and raising the required monies needed. Email me and I will give you my phone number. This would be awesome if we could get a group together and make this happen. I am interested at any rate.
Gaynelle Sihto
on 3/12/06 8:37 am - Thorp, WA
Hi Kelly I walked the 3 day 2 years ago and it is the most fullfilling thing you'll ever do. I wish I could walk this year. I just had my surgery on the 26th of Jan. And my DR said NO. But I will be along the road cheering you and everyone else on. IMy best friend and her daughter-in-law are walking. Keep me posted on how your doing and I'll be praying for you. God Bless Gaynelle
Anna T.
on 3/12/06 11:58 pm - Marysville, WA
What is the 3 Day and how much does registration cost??? I would love to be a part of it. Let me know. Anna
auntlorlee
on 3/13/06 7:56 am - Bellingham, WA
The cost for registration is $2,200. I could never come up with that kind of money.... But, I would love to do it. Here is the link: http://www.komen.org/intradoc-cgi/idc_cgi_isapi.dll?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=584 Lori
ncarter11
on 3/14/06 2:19 am - Edmonds, WA
I'm doing the SKJ Race for the Cure on June 17th and plan to volunteer for the 3Day. I can't afford the registration fee... nor do I have the time/energy/resourses to raise it. But I can cheer like a sonofagun! I have no doubt it'll be life changing! Kudos to you! Blessings, Nancy RNY 09/16/04 276/134/138 Below goal
kdietsch
on 3/14/06 1:04 pm - Everett, WA
Hi! I was looking at the web page for the 3 day, and I got the impression that the $2,200 was a minimum for donations, not the registration fee (which I believe is something else). I think this is like a great big walk-a-thon (remember those?-- where you would get people to pledge a penny a mile or a dime a mile....) For this you would have to ask for $10.00 a mile! It is a lot of donations, I am still trying to figure out if it is possible. I don't want it to come out of my pocket.... So I have to do some more praying about this. I still think it is an AWESOME fitness goal to work towards, as well as a great cause to support. In the past year I have known 5 women who have had masectomies and chemo and radiation.
Most Active