3 more days

Shelley J.
on 3/6/06 12:29 pm - Renton, WA
3 DAYS till mysurgery... Thursday at 7:30am... i went and got some magazines.. some new small plates... i got my liquids meds... but i feel like i need something else to pass the time so i dont stress... what did others do on the days prior to surgery... i am soo thankful i have the boards and can read and listen... hugs
sunpine26
on 3/6/06 3:34 pm - Kent, WA
Shelley First, I want to congratulate you that you've come this far and that your big day is right around the corner, it takes a lot of courage and strength to decide that WLS is the right choice for yourself. I'm still on the pre-op diet/exercise plan. But when my day comes closer, I'm going to try to do things to keep my mind busy. Talk to friends, surf the net, play with my kids, etc. etc. When I feel anxious I do best by distracting myself instead of allowing myself to fall into the anxiety spiral which tends to lead me into depression. Not saying this would happen to you. But enjoy yourself, and keep busy. Maybe you can get yourself a pedicure or something. Anything that will make you feel good and special, and most importantly RELAX! A massage might do you wonders. Take care and I'm sure your surgery will be perfect. Jenn
auntlorlee
on 3/7/06 4:54 am - Bellingham, WA
That's so awesome Shelley! I started a really good book about 3 days before my surgery. The night before my surgery, I read until about 3am when I could no longer keep my eyes open. I was up at 5am and ready to hit the operating table by 7:30! You could also stock up on supplies that you will need for right after. What kind of foods or liquids will you be having? Make sure you have all of your comfy clothes ready, i.e. pj's, sweats, warm socks. I also made sure I had bandage changes available for when I came home, just in case. Although, you are getting banded and I don't know what kind of wounds you will have. Do you have your vitamins? Calcium? Decaf, herbal tea was a lifesaver for me in the beginning too. Warm liquids were better on my stomach for some reason. Of course the rules are different for RNY vs Banding. I just hope you can get some use out of my ideas! Read profiles! I did that non-stop for the last few days before surgery. I also posted a big long entry on my profile. Thanking everyone for all their guidance and support. Good luck to you! You will do GREAT! Make sure you post soon after so we know how you are doing! Lori
Most Active