6-months post op and outta the 2's!!!

auntlorlee
on 3/6/06 1:01 am - Bellingham, WA
I made it to onderland! I weighed in this weekend at 198lbs! A year ago, I never thought I would ever see the 100's again. I had just been approved for surgery in Feb 2005. I was told I would wait a year for surgery. And I figured that by then my insurance would drop coverage and I would never get the surgery. It was too good to be true that I would eventually have the surgery done. And now a year later, I am six months postop! I am still amazed everyday with this wonderful tool. Some days I think, it must be broken because I can eat way too much. And then there are days when I can only fit in a bite or two. So, it constantly keeps me in check. I have recently started a walking program (about 3 weeks ago) and find that my slow weightloss has picked up dramatically. I try and walk at least 1.5 miles 5 days a week. Last week I upped it to 2 miles. I feel so much better. So those of you who have been putting off exercising and have slowed down in your losses, get your butts out there and start walking! Of course I mean that in the nicest possible way! Lori 281/198/140 58 lbs to go to goal! whoa!
Happy Clam
on 3/6/06 4:36 am - Seattle, WA
Congratulations Lori!! I'm only 22 pounds from making the 100s myself. I'm totally excited that I can fit into size 18s after 5 months! Down from size 26/28. Happy Clam Dr Au 10/4/05 311/299/222/150?
auntlorlee
on 3/6/06 4:48 am - Bellingham, WA
Hi You!!! I have been wondering how you are doing! You are doing FABULOUS! Almost 100lbs for you! Whoo Hoo!!! Can you believe it?? I sure can't believe that I have lost as much as I have... Seems surreal sometimes! Thanks for the congrats! Lori 281/198/140 58lbs to goal!
MollyRae
on 3/6/06 12:02 pm - Clarkston, WA
Congratulations! Sounds like you are doing great, especially on the walking program, keep up the good work. You are on your way! Molly
auntlorlee
on 3/7/06 3:20 am - Bellingham, WA
Thanks Molly! Lori
sunpine26
on 3/6/06 3:55 pm - Kent, WA
Congratulations!!!! It's so inspiring to see others successes when you are still on the other side (pre-op). My pre-op appt. is April 6th and most likely I'll have a surgery date within 2-3 weeks from that date. I'm glad to hear that walking is increasing the weightloss for you. That is good info to take away. I am doing my best right now with walking, but my hips hurt and I can't get as far as I'd like. I'm at about 2 miles. I do the Leslie Sansone DVD. I like her a lot, and she's not as annoying as Richard Simmons. Some days I'd like to punch him...I'm so mean! Anyway, keep up the good work, you are an inspiration!!!! Jenn
auntlorlee
on 3/7/06 3:22 am - Bellingham, WA
Woweee! You are getting close! Great job on the walking! Way to go! Thanks for the kind words! Lori
(deactivated member)
on 3/7/06 4:46 am - Kennewick, WA
WHOOO HOOO, that is awesome girl, congrats!!!! I'm hoping to be at onderland by end of April! I started exercising last week, and I also feel better once I do it, its just hard to get my butt of the couch and do it! Takes 21 days to create a habit and 3 days to break it ... so keep at it!! Again congrats, your looking fabulous my dear!!
Jennifer T.
on 3/9/06 2:24 pm - Bellingham, WA
Woo Hoo Bellinghamster. How ya doing Lori? I'm with ya on the walking thing. Hubby and I are going to start this weekend. Only thing, he's 6' 212lbs and I'm 5'3" 222 (down 78lbs). Kindof makes it hard to take walks together because he walks twice as fast as me Jen Taylor 300/222/150 over half way there
Most Active