Protein Question

Tori
on 2/28/06 1:45 am - Fort Lewis, WA
Has anyone had any experience with liquid protein? I've done the powder but I've seen liquid and was wondering if it's the same? Thanks -Tori
Beth C.
on 2/28/06 3:48 am - Tacoma, WA
I bought several cases of a liquid protein that my surgeon's wife sells. It's loaded with 35g of protein. Don't remember the amount of carbs,etc. However, since my surgeon is a health nut and drinks it himself, I didn't think it could be that loaded with the bad stuff. It's actually pretty tasty. The downside is the cost. The name of the product is XS Power Nutrition Protein Shakes found at Quixtar.com. Each case of 12 is about $36. They're great to have if you're traveling or it's the first couple of weeks after surgery. I've heard that AchievOne drinks are tasty as well. I don't think they have as much protein as the one I told you about above. However, for a variety (which I need), it's an option I plan on using once I get back to work. I know that there are several suppliers that provide the option of purchasing samples of protein powders. I wonder if there are any who have samples or would provide a free can/bottle of protein liquid to try. Anyone out there know the answer to this??? Beth
Tori
on 2/28/06 4:26 am - Fort Lewis, WA
Thanks beth i'll look it up. Looking for something that is easy on the tast buds lol. ttfn-Tori
karen C.
on 3/2/06 9:22 pm - Kennewick, WA
Tori, I sound like a salesperson promoting a product and I'm not but here goes. For over a year I have been drinking at least one of my chocolate protein shakes daily. I drink Champion Pure Whey Chocolate. I order it from Allstarhealth.com. I think it costs about $27.00 plus $5.00 shipping (the shipping is $5.00 no matter how many you order, I usually order two) This is a 5 lb container that makes about 70 drinks. I just pu****er and 1 1/2 scoops in a shaker, shake it up and pour it over crushed ice. 33 grams of protein per drink. It disolves easily is not granular and I still really like it. I ordered my samples from Vitalady.com, but found the Allstarhealth.com price to be better. Best wishes, Karen
Tori
on 3/3/06 12:33 am - Fort Lewis, WA
Awesome Karen, I will deff look that up. Do they have plain? Thanks a bunch- Tori
10_rose
on 3/7/06 7:30 am - Auburn, WA
Hi, I dont know if anyone has heard of it, but after I had WLS I was looking for a protien shake that had ALOT of protien..What i found is called Unjury, you can go to http://www.unjury.com It comes in chocolate,vanilla, strawberry sorbet & unflavored. I use the unflavored it has 20 grams of protien & if you add it to 8 oz. milk which has 8 grams of protien then you are getting 28 grams..& your body can only absorb 30 grams @ a time. You can put it in whatever drink you want, it is "unflavored" but you can always taste a little something with "unflavored" things, but if I put it in milk then I cannot taste the difference at all..It is $16.95 for a 15 scoop tub, but they also sell single serving packs for $1.75 ea. which is what I bought the first time, one of each flavor so I could try them out without wasting a bunch of money if I did not like it. & you never pay more than $5 for shipping, Unjury is specifically for Bariatric patients, cancer & renal patients & the elderly that cannot get enough protien through thier food. I swear by the stuff, after drinking it for awhile my hair starting growing back like crazy..I hope this helps, just check out thier site, it's worth a try..good luck, Rose
Most Active