Dr. Lauter-few Qs

Luna_Rose
on 2/26/06 3:22 am - Wenatchee, WA
I will be meeting with Dr. Lauter in April. I am curious as to what his patients have gone through to get the surgery, i.e., what are his presurgical requirements, what was the post surgical stay in the hospital like, complications, etc. I have downloaded a 'report card' from www.healthgrades.com/consumer but it isn't really detailed. I am wondering what hospitals he performs at and if anyone has been to his new office in Bellevue and what his insurance acceptance procedures are like. I know, I am full of questions, but I need to go in there prepared, otherwise I get tongue tied and lose my train of thought. I am nervous as all get out about being accepted and being able to meet the presurgical requirements-weight loss is my most unnerving concern-and I guess I would like to have someone to help guide me. Thanks in advance for any suggestions or assistance! Cindy in Wenatchee
findinglisa
on 2/27/06 2:19 am - Bothell, WA
Cindy, Dr. Lauter does not require any pre-surgery weight-loss, so you are OK there. He does require the normal testing - sleep apnea, blookwork, EKG, psych eval and nutritional consult. The only concern I might have is that he has moved from Evergreen Hospital to Overlake, and I have heard that Overlake does not take Medicaid or Medicare. If that is still that insurance you are using you might want to make a few phonecalls before driving up here. Lisa
Jennifer T.
on 3/9/06 2:36 pm - Bellingham, WA
I had Dr Lauter too. I think he still does surgery at Evergreen because I called a few weeks ago and he was not there because he was doing a surgery at Evergreen. He's very easy to get along with. Bring a list of any and all questions for him, he sat with me and answered all 32 of my questions for over an hour without batting an eye. As for insurance I would think his is still the same as he just moved offices. I've been to the new office and it's fine. His staff is great, they will help you get through the insurance process by calling the ins co for you and getting hold of your PCP. Have all of your insurance requirements as they are done faxed to his office (with another copy going to your PCP usually) because his staff knows what to send in and they will do it for you and let you know what you are missing. He also contacts your PCP to let them know what to expect afterwards and when to call him if needed. If you call and get the machine leave a message they usually get back to you within hours. The good Dr. and his staff definately get a 10 out of me. Besides all of the above he really does seem like "good people".
Most Active