Finally I am now on waiting list for UW

DeeRoman
on 2/26/06 2:10 am - Montesano, WA
After all these years of trying to have the RNY surgery and finding a surgeon and being told by medicaid that I did not have the right paper work then having them change again and telling me to reapply but not being able to go through same doctor, I have finally gotten on the waiting list for the UW. I have been trying for 4 yrs now to have this surgery and now I have to wait longer, it makes me mad but guess when it finally happens I will truly be ready. The list is 1 to 2 yrs long and so have time to make sure all the t's are crossed and the i's are dotted. If anyone knows of how to get higher on the list, without paying everyone, LOL please let me know? Is there anyone else waiting for the UW? I would love to talk with some who have waited, are still waiting, whichever you are. Thanks
karen C.
on 2/26/06 8:22 am - Kennewick, WA
Dee, How about coming over to the east side? I had to go west to have mine! Dr. Schrock out of Sacred Heart in Spokane is excellent. He has done Medicaid RNY on two of my friends and they were pleased with him and the results. I don't believe his waiting listing is more than a few months. I had to go to Kirkland but I was home 5 days later. Two days in the hospital three days at my daughter's. What ever way you go it is so worth it. Hang in there. It will happen. Karen
DeeRoman
on 3/3/06 7:08 am - Montesano, WA
Hi Karen I am going to try and see if I can contact Dr Schrocks office and see if I can go through them and get it done faster. I am tired of waiting, it has already been 4 yrs since I started this trek and I would not like to wait for another 2 yrs, I am impatient. If you have a phone number or email address that I can contact them with would be very helpful. Thank you so much for the info.
origamistar
on 2/27/06 12:14 pm - Tulalip, WA
I've been on the waiting list for just over a year so far... I spoke to the patient intake lady at the beginning of this month and was told that "they just haven't gotten to my file yet, might be a few more months" so it's a high frustration level.. but hopefully worth it.. I sure am ready to get this started though! Good luck! V
Waiting Hoping
on 3/3/06 9:39 am - seattle, WA
My surgery date, after a LONG wait, was March 21st. It just got cancelled because Medicare has changed the rules for certifying bariatric surgery centers. Until the UW is a Medicare-certified Bariatric Surgery Center, no one with Medicare and/or Medicaid will be getting surgery at the UW. I will be near the top of the waiting list when they start doing these surgeries for people on Medicare again . . . but I was told that the UW probably won't be certified for six months to one year. . . I got this news on March 1st. I've cried all wee****ep imagining that some other lucky person, with private insurance (i.e. no Medicare) will be having my surgery at 2 p.m. on March 21st.
DeeRoman
on 3/8/06 4:17 am - Montesano, WA
Dear Waiting Hoping How did you find out about this? I was just called in February by the intake person at the UW, that they had received my paperwork from my doctors office and that I was on the waiting list. I was also told by another doctor that does these surgeries that UW was already certified that is why I put my app. in. I hope I don't have to wait so long, I am gonna check out other places then and I will contact the medicaid to see what and where. I will get back with you when I find out any info. Thanks for telling me this.
Most Active