Looking for Plastic Surgeon

girly_girl
on 2/25/06 12:07 pm - McChord AFB, WA
Hi Everyone, My name is Angelina and I had my WLS 18 months ago. I am relocating to Washington (hubby's military) and was wondering if anyone could recommend a plastic surgeon and if you know of any that accept tri-care for the tummy tuck. Thanks for your help.
Mcfatpants
on 2/27/06 1:06 am - bellevue, WA
Hey Angelina, welcome to the area!! My hubby is a Coastie, so if you find any PS that will accept tricare, let me know. I have been looking for 2 years for one and so far, its a no go! Let me know if I can be of help with any information on this side of the mountains for your move.
(deactivated member)
on 3/3/06 6:34 am - Kennewick, WA
I just got hold of two plastic surgeons that are willing to work with insurance. I'm not sure abhout tri-care, but give them a call and see what they say. Dr. Phillip Haeck (206) 464-0873 and Dr. Gavin Dry (425) 821-6000
tulipberry999
on 3/9/06 2:49 am - Vancouver, WA
Hey gals! First welcome to the area! Washington is great - I moved here from CA almost a year ago. Although i'm on the south end of the state, the Seattle area is my second love. Awesome place. If I ever let here - i'd go there! So - this is just my personal experience *and* from what I know and seen of the insurance company stuff with others. The majority of insurance companies will deny. There is no cost benefit (unlike WLS) to doing plastics. They are regarded as cosmetic. Secondly, body contouring after massive weight loss is really an artform. General plastic surgeons are not trained in this area. They do not understand the problems of skin laxity with post op patients (or anyone that's lost over 100lbs). So when your finding a surgeon, there are many things to keep in mind. Our results will not look like those that have "baby fat" or normal weight gain/loss. Most of us need more than a tummy tuck - and even those usually get denied. Then - if you get approval, finding a surgeon that will take insurance is difficult. The insurance companies have really snowed the surgeons (approving and not paying, severally underpaying, etc.) so it's really hard to find one to work with you. Usually they are general plastic surgeons with no WLS experience. I just had my lower body lift with Dr. Egrari in Bellevue, WA. He does not take insurance (for the above reason) and I believe 80% of his practice now are post op patients and LBL's. He's incredible, and the staff is amazing. I can't go on and on enough about how using him was the best decision i've made in this plastics journey. I did see Dr. Dry. They do submit for insurance for a panni, but Dr. Dry (from what I gathered) doesn't do just panni for us because our skin issues are more than what a panni removal can do. Surgery is stress on our bodies, and good surgeons don't want to do several operations because of it. I really liked Dr. Dry. We submitted to insurance with pictures and documentation (I had several issues), and I was denied. With that said - they will be forward with you and let you know that even tho insurance may cover some of it - it's not usually at the surgeon's cost. Expect to pay some out of pocket costs for the surgeons fee. Although I liked Dr Dry, and it was a hard decision, I self paid with Dr Egrari and don't regret it for a moment. Scarring and post op care with plastics is a thousand times more intense than WLS. I wanted to not only take care of my issues, but live in a body for the rest of my life that looked beautiful. Surgeons that are artists do this. Sorry so long winded - but things to think about I have pictures if you'd like to see. I'm now 17 days post op from my LBL. Best of luck! I hope this turns out well for you! Kimberly
Most Active