Wish Center, Renton

sunpine26
on 2/24/06 5:26 pm - Kent, WA
Has anyone recently had surgery through the Wish Center at Valley Med. Ctr. in Renton, WA? I'm currently going through their pre-diet/exercise program before the actual pre-op appt. That appt. is scheduled at the beginning of April. I'm doing my best but just need reassurance. I want to make sure that my surgery date is not postponed due to missed goals. If anyone is willing to share their experience(s), I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm looking to have GB, just not sure what type of GB. Thanks!
conilp
on 2/25/06 2:06 pm - tacoma, WA
Hi, I had surgery at the Wish center a year ao and found that they we great. The experience was really good and I feel like the support group has been very helpful. Give it a try, it is for pre and post ops. If you want to know more or have specific questions you can e-mail me at [email protected] Coni
Brian Johnson
on 2/26/06 11:46 am - Renton, WA
I went through the WC in Renton and Dr. Strain was my surgeon. I had the Laproscopic RNY (GB) surgery. I know where you are coming from. The pre-op diet and exercise program seems excessive, but ulitmately its going to help you in the long run. Just stay positive, stick with it and in no time you will be going to your pre-op appt and then surgery. I have nothing but great things to say about the Wish Center, everyone there was very supportive and helpful. I have not been to a support roup meeting, but am planning to for March. Good luck!
kem
on 2/26/06 10:28 pm - Surrey, Canada
I had my surgery with Wish on Dec.1/05 with Dr. Alperovich. I was really happy with their service and found the pre op diet really trained me for how we are expected to eat now for the rest of our life. It allows you to go through all the "withdrawals" (no caffeine, no carbonation, no drinking with meals) before the actual surgery. I have lost 51 pounds since surgery date and an additional 35 before through the pre-op diet. Good luck, Kathy RNY-Open
sunpine26
on 2/27/06 9:58 am - Kent, WA
Thanks for your replies. I'm still trying to overcome my battle with consistent exercise due to hip pain, but I'm trying to get through it. So far I've lost 14 pounds and I have about 5 weeks left before my pre-op, so for now...I think I'm doing pretty good. It's NOT easy though, change takes time to adjust to.
CadlllacMama
on 3/1/06 8:02 am - Everett/Seattle, WA
My mom went through them for hers. They were excellent.... I had thought about going through the WC for my lapband, but decided to go with NW WeightLoss Sugery in Everett. They specialize in Lap Bands, and the price includes 1year of fills afterwards.
10_rose
on 3/7/06 7:52 am - Auburn, WA
I had my Gastric Bypass @ The Wish Center in Renton 4/19/04 Dr. Alperovich was absolutley wonderful & The staff is great ..I know the 2 mo. program seems like alot, but use it to your advantage. I took the 2 months to try different foods that were low fat & to wean myself off of diet pepsi & to try out different protien shakes so that i could find one that i liked. I tried out baby foods (for the puree diet)I also took that time to prepare all the things that i would need after surgery, I stocked my house with bottled water, protien shakes ( i chose boost) 4 oz. disposable paper cups ( a complete must for after surgery). I bought 4 oz. glasses & saucers & yes some baby spoons..I also bought a toilet doughnut..lol but I am tall & could not lower myself all the way to the toilet, So basically take your 2 months & use it to get ready for your new life & to have everything ready for when you come home from the hospital (it makes it easier on you & your family).The 2 months is not just for "diet" it is to prepare yourself & your mind for your new life, because believe me it is a completley NEW LIFE! I am 5'7 & Pre-op I was 289 lbs. & a sz. 26-28. I am 23 mo. Post-op & am 125 lbs & a sz. 1..So just relax & think of all the good things to come..You will be in very safe & caring hands @ The Wish Center. If you have any ?? or wanna chat e-mail me at [email protected] good luck on your journey, Rose
Most Active