I am new to these boards

Takughevito
on 2/14/06 3:02 pm - vancouver, WA
Ok, I'm new to these boards. I am 16 years old and hope to have gastric bypass (spelling) by the time I am 18-21 Would like to make some friends here, please pay no attention to my age. Hoping to meet some nice people
Sarita625
on 2/14/06 11:50 pm - Port Townsend, WA
hi there! I'm also sorta new around here and I'd love to make a few friends. How long have you been thinking bypass is the route for you? any hope from insurance?
auntlorlee
on 2/15/06 12:58 am - Bellingham, WA
Welcome to the boards Donald! We don't judge people by ANYTHING here! EVERYONE is welcome! If you have any questions, please ask away! We have several "experts" here who are more than willing to answer any question you have! Lori 281/205/140 August 24, 2005 Dr. Au Lap RNY
classite
on 2/15/06 6:02 am - Battle Ground, WA
Hello, Cheryl here from Battle Ground, Washington. Welcome to the boards and this site. You will find tons of info here - good luck in your journey.
cheryl D.
on 2/16/06 2:00 pm - bellingham, WA
Welcome. You are welcome anywhere on this board, but did you know there is a mens board on here. Some of the guys come over here and invite guys over and when they are over here they seem like real nice guys. They say guys lose weight faster and have diffrent issuses than us gals. Just a thought. Welcome!
Luna_Rose
on 2/19/06 2:49 am - Wenatchee, WA
WELCOME!!!!! Hey there Donald. Don't worry about your age being an issue here. We are all feeling the same pains and concerns, as obesity does not discriminate. Feel free to post as often as you wish, read through the posts and reach out. We're all one great big happy family. I have a 17 year-old-brother (18 in May) (I'm 29) and he is very supportive and knows what we are going through. He has taught me that age has nothing to do with anything...it's all about compassion and a person's willingness to learn. Take care Hon!! Cindy in Wenatchee
Sherra
on 2/19/06 5:43 am - Mill Creek, WA
Welcome Donald! You can feel at home here...We are all in the same boat. Either pre or post op. There is a lot of information on the boards, just let everyone know what you need. Obesity has no age limits, I was obese from age 10 to 49. Now at 50, post-op RNY distal a year out, I finally feel like a new person. You will get there too, just don't give up. Believe in yourself, get lots of information, and you will have lots of support on here.
Most Active