Is anyone in here who is military in Germany

Tori
on 2/10/06 7:17 am - Fort Lewis, WA
Hi all just wondering if there is anyone in here that is currently in Germany that is a military dependant? I'm wondering how the Medical is there in case i have to have my surgery there instead of the states. Thanks a bunch-Tori
(deactivated member)
on 2/15/06 9:33 am - Spokane, WA
I just got BACK from Germany which is where I thought I was going to have my surgery done. I BELIEVE the doctor that does them over there is Dr Rudolph Weiner (pronounced Viner, not weener, lol) and he is out of Frankfurt. He has a following on this site. Tricare has the same rules there as we do here. No additional insurance hurdles to worry about, as far as I know.
Tori
on 2/16/06 12:55 am - Fort Lewis, WA
Oh great i was really worried about that. We just fond out that we may leave even sooner then we thought. What base did you come from? We are heading to Vilsak. Any other info i should know about Germany? -Tori
(deactivated member)
on 2/16/06 4:53 am - Spokane, WA
Their health care is very DIFFERENT from ours. I would suggest that if your German surgeon refers you for any specific procedures, try ot have them performed through the American clinics on base if at all possible. I had a really unpleasant time when I was in a German hospital (not for WLS, I have bowel issues), and it is a real shockr if you aren't prepared for it. You ahve no privacy, share a room with 3+ people, and they would come into the room every morning at 6am, TURN THE LIGHTS ON, and make us all wake up so they could give us pills and what not. I HATED it, but form what I hear, my hospital was just crappy. My husband stayed in a much nicer one when he had knee surgery... You still have to share a room and have no privacy, but they were nicer and didn't wake him up and stuff. We were stationed at Spangdahlem. You'll have a blast while there though... There is so much to see and do, and som many fests and things... It was a great tour.
Most Active