Reached my goal.

nowahottie
on 2/5/06 4:53 am - Auburn, WA
I just want to share a few things. Well, when I started my journey I tried to set a realistic goal in my mind of 150 pounds. That is where I was once before and I was happy there. I had my surgery on June 1, 2005 weighing in at 257 pounds, BMI 41.5. I finally reached and passed it by 2 pounds. Today I am a healthy 148 pounds and a BMI of 23.8. Losing the (109 pounds) weight has been a dream for a long time. Now I am living my dream. A lot of stories posted here have been inspirational and encouraging to me and for that I wish to thank everyone. I have had my current picture posted to my profile for any who wish to check it out. To those beginning their journey I remember the crying and the thoughts "What have I done" "Why on earth did I do this". Now today, I have other thoughts. "I am so glad that I had this surgery" and "even with everything I had to go through I would do it again". I am content in my skin(and there is extra of that) and not taking handfulls of medicine. I feel alive and grateful. My journey is not over as I look into the plastic side. But that is another bridge to cross. Thanks for listening.
(deactivated member)
on 2/5/06 10:16 am - Phx, AZ
Congrats Berta!!! I'm Liz, in AZ, but just 4 years ago was in Maple Valley, for 17 years! I know Auburn well. I was a hefty 282 (and even bigger previously (read my profile)) and very unhealthy... on insulin, pills, BP pills, depression pills, you know the drill. Unhappy, suicidal, sad, cried, hated me, hated everyone who said they liked me because I hated me so badly. NOW... I'm almost a year out, have lost 107 pounds thus far, and am healthier (NO PILLS OR INSULIN). I still have bouts of depression, and you know--WLS doesn't miraculously "cure" the brain storms we have about ourselves, but I am on the mend mentally too. Will be in Renton at the end of Feb, and will think of you there in Auburn as I drive by! Congrats and best wishes to you, Liz G
nowahottie
on 2/5/06 2:54 pm - Auburn, WA
Thank you Liz. Yes I know the drill. No, I agree that the WLS did not miraculously cure the drepression as I also deal with that on a constant basis. I think our healing on the inside takes longer than healing on the outside. Then there is also my learning how to forgive myself for feeling the way I did about myself. Thanks and best wishes to you as well and have fun on your drive.
Mari J
on 2/6/06 1:09 pm - Kent, WA
Berta, you look amazing. Congratulations!! I remembered your name but you didn't look familiar so I opened your profile. Now I remember your old picture! You look so different. I hope you are enjoying your new life. Mari
nowahottie
on 2/6/06 1:29 pm - Auburn, WA
I am enjoying many aspects of the new life. Not having to take loads of medication every day. There are still the old memories to deal with but those I am learning to life with. I went back to where I used to live and work recently and no one recognized me. Wow, did that feel amazing to me. I don't share my WLS story with to many people, as I just don't like the attitude that it usually gets me. The people who seem to think that WLS is the easy way out. Wow, do they have it wrong. This road we walk is never easy and there is a lot we have to live without but who ever said that life was easy. And yes I am living life now instead of watching it pass by. Thanks, I feel amazing. Congratulations to you as well your picture tells it all. I checked out your profile. You look GREAT!!
Most Active