LorieH
on 2/4/06 12:03 pm - Puyallup, WA
Hi all..... Was hoping someone has info on Regence Selections. I was told by Dr Oh's office they do not cover the band and I would have to do self pay. I have not been formally denied by Regence. Just going by what office told me. Any other info on insurance, dr, self pay, beginning of process would appreciated.
auntlorlee
on 2/9/06 8:22 am - Bellingham, WA
Hey Lorie! Fellow Lori here! I noticed that nobody answered your post. I don't have any info for ya but wanted to welcome you to the Washington Board! Did you know that there is a lapband forum on this website? Just thought I would mention it in case you wanted to wander over and see if anyone over there can answer your question. Good Luck with the insurance thing... it can be a BEAR! Lori 281/206/140
Beth C.
on 2/9/06 11:45 pm - Tacoma, WA
Hi Lorie, I'm not sure about Regence Selections, but I have a Regence plan through work and it no longer covers WLS under any cir****tances (they'll help pay for programs to stop smoking, but not weightloss). Surgery is expensive and I'm sure they hate reimbursing the doctor a large amount of money at one time. It just blows my mind. They'd rather reimburse doctors, hospitals, and pharmacies multiple times over many years for co-morbidities of obesity. Go figure!! I know of a few people who have had to self pay, but I'm not sure exactly what they did to get the money. I've heard of financing it, getting a home equity loan, or a second mortgage. As far as the band, I have a co-worker who was approved for surgery, but not for he band procedure. Basically, the insurance company felt that it was too new of a procedure and didn't have as good of results. She ended up re-submitting the paperwork for RNY and was quickly approved. She's doing very well with the RNY and is now glad she went with it. Hope this helps. Good luck with your journey... Beth
Sherra
on 2/19/06 5:57 am - Mill Creek, WA
Welcome Lorie! Dr Oh was my surgeon, so you are first off in the best hands! No complications. I had Regence Selectons, and wanted the RNY-distal. They would not cover it. I changed my insurance to Regence Boeing Traditional, and they covered everything but $200 deductible. Only thing is, I had to wait a few months for the enrollment period. And they want the five weights of over 100 lbs documentation. I had everything figured out ahead of time. My ins. took effect Jan.1st 05, and had surg. Feb 23.05. I was 260 and now 149 and size 6. Good luck.
Most Active