It seems like...

auntlorlee
on 2/2/06 1:33 am - Bellingham, WA
When you get your surgery, you kinda disappear from the radar for a while. I am guilty of that myself. I am just over 5 months out from my surgery. My life has always been very busy with having 2 teenagers who play sports. But after losing 70lbs, I have way more energy and don't like to sit still for long. I do come here daily to check the posts and to comment when I have input. I do try and support everyone as much as I can. I don't always post a comment about it but know that I am here with you in spirit. Cindy, I am sorry you are having problems with your insurance/doctors. Have you checked into come over here to the west side? You might have better luck. Pam, thanks for posting about the North Snohomish meetings. I won't get to make it to this one but next month, I am SOO there! Arlene honey, is everything ok with you? J, how are you doing? Are you getting in enough water??? If I missed someone, I sincerely apologize. Anyone else out there who has been lurking want to chime in? Let's make some noise! Have a great day everyone! And oh yeah..... GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!! Lori 281/211/140
lhasaraptormom
on 2/2/06 5:09 am - Spokane, WA
I am doing well, I guess I am getting in enough water. My dietician says I am but I sure do WANT more!! Getting better with ability to do things after surgery, but bending over does NOT feel good, I suppose that would happen after open surgery. As of last Wednesday I am down to 241 when I started all this I was at 282 so YEAH!!! This is the lightest I have weighed in 5 years! I want more, my goal with Dr Au is 145, I have not been there since before my girl came along 13 years ago this is so AWESOME! Hope you are doing great! CYA
auntlorlee
on 2/2/06 6:32 am - Bellingham, WA
Hiya! Glad to hear you are doing well! Sucks that you had open but it's better than the alternative of not getting surgery! I bet you are going to pass me right up. You did great preop losing your weight. I only lost 3 friggin lbs preop! I squeezed my butt into a size 14 this weekend! I couldn't believe it! My butt is getting so small! I have ALWAYS had a big butt! Congrats on the 41lbs. You ROCK! Lori 281/211/140
cheryl D.
on 2/2/06 2:26 pm - bellingham, WA
Did you know there are two diffrent support groups here in Bellingham. Not sure when they are. Anyone know the times and places? I think they are at the St. Lukes something center by the cancer center down the street from St. Joesph's Hospital. Used to be one on one Monday night per month. All I know. Maybe someone else knows more about them and the diffrence about them. I would like to know more myself. I work now so I lost track.
auntlorlee
on 2/3/06 12:54 am - Bellingham, WA
Thanks Cheryl. I do know about the support group here in Bellingham. I have gone to several of their meetings. It is down on Squalicum Parkway where the Elks used to be. I believe it is the 1st and 3rd Monday of the month, starting at 6:30 I think. They have a Yahoo Group that announces the times, days, etc. There is also a meeting for folks who had Dr. Rabkin do their DS surgery down in San Francisco. I can email you the link to the yahoo group if you would like. Lori
cheryl D.
on 2/3/06 11:05 am - bellingham, WA
Where is Squalicun Parkway? The one I was at kind of was going to a Dr. someone in California. STarted out with every kind of surg then a group of Dr. seemed to take over then I went to work so never found out about other one. Maybe Dr. Rabkin. I have RNY so I lost intrest in that group. I would love to try it. So I would like to know the yahoo group. thanks
(deactivated member)
on 2/5/06 10:21 am - Phx, AZ
Hey Maple Valley!!! I lived in MV/Renton for 17 years and am now in Phx, AZ. I, TOO, started at 282!!! Had my open RNY 2/22/05 and am down to 175 as of yesterday a.m. (2/4/06). My goal is 138, and it is getting closer... altho more slowly than at first, and the 2 cookies I just ate didn't help, altho they are making me nice and sick, which is my own fault!!! UG! I'll be visiting Renton/MV at the end of Feb... will wave in passing. Best Wishes to you! Liz G
Aunt Pam
on 2/2/06 2:13 pm - Arlington, WA
Lori, glad you have extra energy now and WOW that 70 pounds are such good news! I will miss you at the support meeting Saturday. Have fun watching the super bowl.. I know I will! hugs, Pam
Janna B.
on 2/12/06 1:42 pm - Silverdale, WA
Hey Lori - Congrats on your 70 lbs! Cool! I know what you mean about not wanting to sit too long at the computer. Especially like today. Nice and sunny. I walked my butt off today. Take care! Janna
Most Active