I hate Medicaid!!!

Luna_Rose
on 2/1/06 3:33 am - Wenatchee, WA
I just got off the phone with Carol at Dr. Rawlins office. I was all gung-ho to go meet with them in April, until I mentioned that I have Medicare with Medicaid as a primary. No way will anyone in Eastern WA accept Medicare if Medicaid is attached (so Carol says). So...now I am pissed and doomed to die fat. If anyone has any advice or suggestions for me...I am all ears. I am so discouraged that I may have to wait 2 years to get this done... Thanks in advance~Cindy in Wenatchee
BarbS
on 2/1/06 2:25 pm - Everett, WA
Hi Cindy Sorry your having a hard time. It will be well worth the wait. You look young. Time does past. May not be as fast as we would like, but it does past. I've been wanting my revision for 6 years now. But I know with Medicaid I too must wait......... Just keep strong, and hang in there. Barb
pat9047
on 2/2/06 1:08 am - CO
Sorry to hear this. There is another surgeon (i forget his name) in Spokane. You might want to call and ask him. I like Carol at Rockwood but she can't speak for the other surgeons. Worst case, look into having surgery on the coast too.
Luna_Rose
on 2/2/06 3:33 am - Wenatchee, WA
Well, I have an April appointment with Dr. Lauter. I met with him in '04 and we just didn't click. I think it was the Medicare thing with him, too, but he is in a new office now. All I can do is try. I just got a real good look at mysef in a full-length mirror we keep in the closet...I am in tears. I can understand what my hubby is saying now. I am so scared that I am going to be like this forever.
karen C.
on 2/2/06 6:21 am - Kennewick, WA
Cindy, Have you tried Dr. Lawrence Shrock in Spokane? He does done a couple of my friend's surgeries and they were both Medicade I believe. Karen Ps Dr. Lauter was my doctor. My friend wanted him but he hadn't been able to get Medicare/Medicade approval as of last June. Maybe he has by now I don't know. I really respect him and have done very well.
Aunt Pam
on 2/2/06 2:18 pm - Arlington, WA
Cindy, sorry to hear you are having such a hard time finding a doctor who takes medicaid. I know that University of Washington Medical takes it, perhaps if you are willing to go to Spokane, Seattle is not that far for you either??? Good luck with your search. hugs, Aunt Pam
Sarita625
on 2/15/06 1:23 am - Port Townsend, WA
I wish I had more information for you other than....I know of at least 2 ppl who were on medicaid and had no problems getting coverage and finding doctors...I think they were probably in the Seattle area as that is nearest to home for them. Good luck to you and don't give up!
Most Active