Back on the horse...

Luna_Rose
on 1/30/06 4:41 am - Wenatchee, WA
I have been dealing with a lot of new issues lately, and have been neglecting my fight for weight loss. I quit going to my support group, quit seeing my dietitian and have missed appointments with my PCP. I got so discouraged when I received the letter from Dr. Macfarlane that they would no longer be accepting Medicare/Medicaid for the surgery...and I gave up on myself. I am ready. I look in the damn mirror every day and cry. I am tired all of the time...I am just not ME!!! I am willing to start all over with the nutritionist and get my PCP to really participate in a 6-month supervised diet-maybe even give me a supplement to assist me, but what I need most is encouragement, something my DH has trouble doing for me. Don't get me wrong, he is supporting and loving and just a great man in general, but he is struggling with the correct way to motivate and support me. I don't have many girl-friends, so I am reaching out here. I am calling my PCP and dietitian today, and I am starting all over with my food journal. I am just reaching out for some support. Thanks gals!!
lilacs
on 1/30/06 5:07 am - Marysville, WA
I'm sorry you are feeling down and discouraged. It is really hard, under the perfect cir****tances, to keep upbeat and excited about this. I can't imagine having to fight so hard. If the doc that you were going to use can't do it - find another one who will. Even if it means you have to come across the mountains. You are really not that far away from the Seattle/Bellevue area. Lots more choices out here, too. (Hospitals will usually let your support person (hubby, I presume) stay in the room with you overnight, so might not be any extra hotel expenses.) Please don't get into a funk that you can't get out of. You are worth too much to alot of people to allow yourself to be less than the person you were meant to be!!! Stay connected to this board and gain encouragement from all the stories of those who have had to fight tooth and nail for the chance to live a healthy, happy life. You are a precious lady who deserves to feel content in her own body!! Good luck Linda -207
Most Active