Looking for a doctor in north Seattle, Edmonds

marciamcnulty
on 1/27/06 7:46 am - Lake Forest Park, WA
I have been given the names of 3 doctors in and around Seattle. Dr. Weber, Dr. Montgomery, and Dr Thoroughby. I am going for the by pass, insurance won't cover lap band. Would like to know if any of you have any bad or good things to say about these doctors. Want to get started REAL soon. Thanks Marcia
Camano-Tina
on 1/27/06 11:10 am - Camano Island, WA
Dear Marcia: Dr. Weber did my surgery on 10/10/2005. From the first appointment Which is informational, he has been thorough, extremely professional, and very easy to approach. He is an excellent surgeon, and I would recommend him as a perfect 10. He has done over 2500 surgeries and has only 0.01% mortality rate. He expects you to follow directions, and do your best to get ready for surgery, but, if you do, you will do great. I am 15 weeks out and have lost 60#. You can read my story online. Good luck! I have nothing but raves about Dr. Weber and his staff. Santina 300/240/150
Lawney
on 1/27/06 7:19 pm - Marysville, WA
Marcia, I would recommend Dr. thirlby! 4 of my family members have gone to him and he is wonderful! Great Success. He is out of Virginia Mason. I myself am having it(RNY) done on February 16th. I scheduled my date on Thursday morning. So he is only about 3 weeks out. Good Luck! Lawney
JuneE
on 1/28/06 1:08 am - mukilteo, WA
Hi, I don't know much about those doctors but can tell you I had my done at the Evergreen Biactric Surgical Center/in Kirkland, Dr. Kelly Clinch. He was great and so accommodating since I had to rush to have it, as my insurance would not pay for any WLS after 12-31. He did me, my daughter, and five or six other people in my office on 12-30. He is caring and down to earth and even apologized to me because I had to have my bladder relieved after surgery from the anesthetic. Not his fault. Just reaction to anesthetic. Check him out. They have a website. http://www.evergreenhealthcare.org/services/bariatrics/default.htm Let us know what you decide. June Akam
sspev
on 1/28/06 11:46 am - Seattle area (Everett), WA
I live in Everett, but I had Dr James Hunter, for my lap RNY, and I would strongly recommend him. Yes, you will have to travel further, but it is very worthwhile. Dr Weber and Dr Thrilby only do an open RNY - and why would you want open, if you can have laparoscopic? Dr Thirlby practices through Virginia Mason, as does Dr. Hunter. Dr. Hunter's office is in Federal Way, but your surgery will be scheduled at the downtown Seattle VM complex, which is an excellent facility. For me, I only had to go to Federal Way twice; they arranged all my pre-op appointments together, to eliminate extra travel, and some tests, etc., can also be done at their downtown or Lynnwood clinics, whichever works best for you. Virginia Mason has a bypass nurse who can answer your questions, and tell you when is their next seminar. Sometimes, if you just go by location, you may not get the best care available. Have you started going to any support group meetings? They're a wonderful way to get your questions answered, too. Good luck with whatever you decide. Everyone on the boards will be there to help you along the way. By the way, I'm 15 months out, and have got rid of 130# so far. Take care, Susan
Melanie M.
on 1/28/06 3:58 pm - Edmonds, WA
Dear Looking: Dr. Billing with Puget Sound Surgical Clinic is located in Edmonds and has a comprehensive program that includes a year of nutritional support. He has had great success with the RN-Y and is a laparoscopic surgeon. His patients love him! His phone is 425-776-7132
lilacs
on 1/29/06 7:15 am - Marysville, WA
Dr. Lauter in Bellevue/Kirkland area is fantastic. Lap RYN and a great follow-up program. No pre-surgery dieting, either!! Office staff is very nice and helpful. He did me and my daughter, (we have lost 207 and 87, respectively) and my niece is waiting on insurance approval. Good luck Linda
danirice99
on 1/29/06 10:51 am - Arlington, WA
Dr. Weber did my RNY surgery on 4/12/05 I have allready lost 120 lbs and will probably make goal in about 1 1/2 months. He is a terrific surgeon and has a strict plan. I am a nurse and have been one for 15+ years. I did my homework for quite sometime before I chose this MD. I totally recomend him and have referred many patients to him. Let me know if you have any other questions or if I can help in any way. Good luck with your journey!
karen C.
on 1/30/06 12:04 am - Kennewick, WA
Dr. David Lauter of Kirkland has my highest recommendation. Staff is also excellent. I had surgery at Evergreen but I think he also operates out of Overlake. Karen
Jennifer T.
on 1/30/06 6:15 am - Bellingham, WA
Hi, I know he's not on your list but I've got to put in a blurb for Dr. Lauter in Bellevue. He does his surgeries at Overlake. He's primary way for surgery is Laparoscopic also. No pre-op diet and his waiting list for surgery is only a month out. I had my LAP RNY about 20 days after insurance approval. He's here on the surgeon's page and he has great credentials.
Most Active