Do any of us have these jeans?

Jer
on 1/22/06 2:24 pm - Milwaukie, OR
Did you see the TV program about the 1,072 ib man? The program went on to say that some people have this one gene that prevents their brains from getting the "Full" signal that tells them to stop eating. two sets of mice had equal food and water. One set had this gene, and that was the set that wound up obese. You may be able to get WLS, but how do you combat this gene? Could this be the reason that some people fail at WLS?
tulipberry999
on 1/24/06 11:06 am - Vancouver, WA
Are you referring to leptin or gherlin (sp?)? They are hormones and genes that help to cause obesity. Now - for unsuccessful WLS I truly believe it only lies in you. I read this in a book and completely agree: our genes load the gun for our obesity, but we pull the trigger. Our behavior and choices cause regain (with very few exceptions). Obesity is a disease with a huge denial component. Folks that stop following the rules and don't get the support they need tend to be unsuccessful. Then they want another revision surgery to "fix it". Instant gratification in this society runs crazy. Perhaps i'm not popular - but my journey has been long and hard. Cheers! kb
Most Active